SOTD : Saturday 10th October to Friday 16th October 2020.

Saturday, 10 October 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Futur (3, 2.5, 1.5)
Blade Astra Platinum (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucris

My Saturday setup--it made it was a smooth shave, and then I was off to get a haircut. Have a good remainder (and make the most) of the weekend folks.

10/10/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: SBB - Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap: A&E Pamplemousse
Razor: 6/8th Goedecke & Co & 6/8th Gold Dollar 66 #1
Edges by: @Tonyschiin
Post shave: Alum, Cold water splash, L'oreal Ice Impact
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

Well that was not supposed to happen, although i am quite glad it did.
Spent a bit time this morning putting edges on one of the new Gold Dollar's & Goedecke thank you @Rohleder & BST, I had checked the GD with the loupe and i could see it would not shave from the off, the edge looked as though it had been put on with a sander.
Anyway all looked well once it had been taken from Bevel set to the 12k finishing stone.
The Goedecke had a few small chips in the edge and i took it through the bevel set routine 3 times and they slowly came out. Again the edge looked pretty good after the full progression.
That was supposed to be it for today as i did not want to shave so the Koraat had something to tackle tomorrow. I got to midday and these razors got the better of me, so off to the bathroom i went.
A wonderful face lather started things off and i reached for the Cheapo GD, not really expecting much, well, well, well RH side of face and neck done and as smooth as silk even over the chin, I completed the LH side of the face with the Goedecke and was also happy with this edge.
I lathered up again to complete my second pass and i was very happy with both razors, although i think the GD is a little smoother ATG?
Nothing from the Alum block and a nice post shave routine.
I am left with a DFS result feeling pretty pleased with myself.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
10 October

P&B Imperial Rum
MÜHLE XL Silvertip Fibre
Ikon B1 OSS
Feather Hi-stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

A very pleasant two pass shave this morning. The MÜHLE, if loaded sufficiently, produces a mountain of rich lather, admittedly it does have a tendency to hang on to some of it. A good squeeze of the brush for the second pass brings out the best of the lather for a fantastic second pass. The Feather blade has now done five shaves in this razor, and that is enough. Change tomorrow.

Well done Tony , I was expecting the Koraats Debut today