cmNuOpr.jpg

REX Envoy / Shark‌ ‌Super S‌tainless
Yaqi Heavy Metal Short Handle 24mm Silvertip

Declaration Grooming La Petite Prairie Shave Soap & AS

iwepvUN.jpg

SOTD : 15th July 2021.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Anbbas Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather : Proraso Red Shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco ST300. (D2)
Razor: Parker 87r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Proraso Red ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

I can't remember when i last used the Proraso Red Soap & ASL duo. It reminded myself how much i like them.

Last outing of the non aggressive yet efficient Dorco ST300. These Korean made blades pair together wonderfully with my Parker razors.

A Enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

I'm now on holiday for 11 days due to the mill shut down for maintenance jobs to be done. (y)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
218070545_545416669926995_7977406764265328630_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Pinnacle God Save The Queen
Brush: 26mm Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Tiger Platinum (1)

After my recent Gillette/Super-Max blade love-in I though it was time to revisit my beloved Tiger. Had I been settling for mediocrity? Would my new acquisitions mean the end of the Tiger?
Thankfully not. While there is no doubt in my mind that I've now got my core range for the Merkur - and hopefully for the Fine Marvel when it arrives - those Tigers continue to work really well through the Parker. Good job as there's well over a hundred in the den! I did however get a fair bit of irritation from the Pinnacle soap and ASL today. Quite a strong scent, and I wonder if there's something in the mix that I need to avoid :unsure:

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Thursday 15th July 2021

Shave Score 9.89 \ 10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \Baxters Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: GoodFellas - Abysso
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantica
Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (4,4,2)
Blade: Amazon Solimo (2)
Post Shave ASL: GoodFellas - Abysso
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Douro

Love the scent on the Abysso :)

Have a great day all.

Joe

IMG_1266.jpeg

SOTD 15-July
20210715_091356.jpg
Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Soap: Suezbana/TPB Tangerine & Black Pepper
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2

Another good shave this morning, the razor holding its own very well. The shine hasn't worn off yet! Tangerine soap was pleasant enough, a definite departure from my norm, but the performance was very good. Not so sure on the post shave balm, definitely does the trick but the scent isn't for me.

Hope everyone has a cracking day.

Cheers

Marc

IMG_20210715_104851-01.jpeg

So, Grön Lycka... Got a trio of them but decided on Troll first due to the sunny scent.

Performance: Up there for the best veggie base I've ever used, no exaggeration. Lather quality strongly reminds me of B&M Reserve, a short load and a long time adding water until you can see the bathroom reflecting in the lather on your face. Both slickness and residual slickness perfect and post shave is nourishing but not too much so (if MdC is -5 and A&E is +5 I would put this around +1.)

Scent: Troll is grapefruit, pineapple & coconut. It's smells almost identical to my Piz Buin aftersun which I happen to like. Scent strength is around 6/10 and is present throughout the duration of the shave.

You get a large amount (150g) and it's not a cream like many recent artisan offerings, this is more like a hard putty so longevity should be pretty good... You won't see the ring of death after 10 shaves that's for sure. My only criticism of this soap is the container, those really thin aluminium cans which dent if you so much as look at them wrong.

IMG_20210715_112008_0~3.jpg
SOTD 15th July 2021

Razor - Blutt BR-1 - 0.67 plate
Blade - Souplex #4
Soap - Dusy Kabinett
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar with olive wood handle
Post - Bart's ASB

A lovely mild but efficient shave, as smooth as smooth can be!
My first use of the Zenith unbleached boar, I like it very much, not too scrubby and loads of backbone.

Until the next time,

Paul.

IMG_20210715_10402small.jpg

I fancied using one of vintage razors and plumbed for the Gillette Super Speed from 1953.

I have had a couple of less than smooth shaves with this razor, usually when using used blades and ones which are noted for being ultra sharp - the razor is mild, so needs a nice sharp blade to perform well. Feathers have worked and I remembered I have a few KAIs, so this time I reached for a KAI.

Q.I. Factette: και is the Ancient, and possibly modern, Greek for “and.” I am so pleased that my two years of studying and my E at O Level, Ancient Greek have not been entirely wasted.

After two and a half passes, two on the face and three on the neck, I was refreshingly clean shaven, with no irritation. I used a lot of the cream, which is very nicely scented. The Lucky Tiger is a very good match to that scent and in this warmer weather is so refreshing.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Gillette Super Speed 1953 -Y3
Blade: KAI (1)
Soap: TOBS Royal Forest
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Lucky Tiger
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

SOTD : 15th July 2021.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Anbbas Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather : Proraso Red Shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco ST300. (D2)
Razor: Parker 87r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Proraso Red ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

I can't remember when i last used the Proraso Red Soap & ASL duo. It reminded myself how much i like them.

Last outing of the non aggressive yet efficient Dorco ST300. These Korean made blades pair together wonderfully with my Parker razors.

A Enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

I'm now on holiday for 11 days due to the mill shut down for maintenance jobs to be done. (y)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
Have a great break, Barry.

15/07/21
Pre - Shower, Cold water Face rinse
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - 1912 Citrus Musk
Razor - Colonial General V2 Stainless - Ikon Bulldog
Blade - Schick Proline P-30 (8)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - BartsBalm Tester G
A/S - 1912 Citrus Musk
P7100035.JPG
Very nice, the Schick blade is very smooth for me in the V2.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Back
Top Bottom