SOTD : Saturday 10th July to Friday 16nd July 2021

214771065_197113678909819_3280316922973760031_n.jpg
Prep: Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Razozero Agrumella
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Super-Max Blue DiamondTitanium (2)

Lovely shave today, but the Parker does seem to take more work to get to the same finish I'm getting from the Merkur 34C these days. I'm sure this setup will get a few run outs over the Summer as it's a brilliant way to start off feeling fresh and fight the mugginess this morning.

Tuesday 07.13.21 SOTD

rv5ZH2l.jpg

REX Envoy / Astra‌ Green
Shave Forge 24mm Silvertip Badger
Zingari Man The Watchman Shaving Soap & AS

SOTD 13-Jul
20210712_230859.jpg
Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube
Brush: PAA Phantom
Soap: DG B Cubed
Razor: Blackland Sabre

Well if a razor could sing this one would be putting out a belter. I was initially a little concerned that the handle was going to be too weighty and I'd have to put additional pressure down on the head. The concern was unwarranted, the lightest of touches and it mowed everything down, and the angle was surprisingly intuitive. This might be just the shine on a new razor so we'll see over time, but so far I'm impressed!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ Baker Street
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #12
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Tonight Tipple:- Johnnie Walker Green Label

Tuesday

OSP Neroli
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Schick E3
Schick Proline
OSP Neroli Tonic
The Essence Vault 111 EdP

I’d been neglecting my injectors of late, so the trusty E3 came to the fore today. A neroli theme was called for: everything neroli-esque (apart from Arko and 4711) was employed this morning. The Essence Vault 111 is a version of Tom ‘how f*cking much?’ Ford’s Neroli Portofino. To my untrained bugle, it smells exactly the same; but with the advantages of 2-3 times the longevity, and a zillionth of the price.

34066023-A76C-462D-95FF-B0CB9E58A0E6.jpeg

Tuesday

OSP Neroli
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Schick E3
Schick Proline
OSP Neroli Tonic
The Essence Vault 111 EdP

I’d been neglecting my injectors of late, so the trusty E3 came to the fore today. A neroli theme was called for: everything neroli-esque (apart from Arko and 4711) was employed this morning. The Essence Vault 111 is a version of Tom ‘how f*cking much?’ Ford’s Neroli Portofino. To my untrained bugle, it smells exactly the same; but with the advantages of 2-3 times the longevity, and a zillionth of the price.

View attachment 73509
I haven't come across the Essence Vault before. It looks very Interesting!

13/07/21
Pre - Shower Cold water face rinse
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - OSP Neroli
Razor - Timeless Bronze 0.38
Blade - Gillette 7'O'C Yellow (2 "shimmed")
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tester Barts B
A/S - OSP Neroli
P7100026.JPG
I have never shimmed a razor before today, on the last shave with the Timeless i found i was buffing each pass the get the desired effect, i did some research and reading on shimming so decided to try it today, the shim was made easily enough by just trimming the edges from an old blade, i fitted the shim base plate side of the head with the blade in the top cap, checked it over and all looked fine.
From the first couple of strokes i was getting a better "shave feel", i completed 3 passes for a close, BBS finish, so i think for me it has worked, it could also all be in my head.
This combo will get another run out later in the week before i fit a sharper blade in the razor.
If i have to shim this razor to get the desired results then so be it, its no real hardship.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

20210713_125429.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Menthol cube.
Soap Signature Eboracum.
Razor 1935 Crown & Sword Razor, finally got it shave ready today.
Razors Leaf for my head.
Blade Derby Extra.
Brush Mountain Best 100% pure badger brush.
Aftershave Brute.
Tip Top shave today ready for when I take the wife out for a meal and then to see the movie The Black widow, she has been waiting for this to come out a while now.
Stay safe everyone and have a great day :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom