SOTD : Saturday 02th May - Friday 0 May 2020

'A watched kettle never boils'

What a load of shit that is. I watched our kettle for a whole five minutes today and had a super cup of tea afterwards.

A shave with the theme 'dispelling proverbs'

IMG_20200503_191012.jpg

Measure twice, cut once - Ikon B1 in proprietary Black - Happy to cut you quite a few times
No pain, no gain - Polsilver Lodz - Razor blades can hurt. I call it a great shave gained if they don't
Two heads are better than one - Razorock 400 - If I had two heads 1) I would look silly 2) I'd go through twice as many blades
Laughter is the best medicine - Signature Soaps Londinium - Try telling that to someone with syphilis
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - Hawkins and Brimble aftershave - Everyone thinks I am an ugly bugger.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder - Goutal Eau De Monsieur - Rolling in pissed at 2am makes Mrs Satanfriendly love me less

A very familiar razor with me and yet again turns in a most wonderful performance. Other than delivering stupendously close shaves it also happens to be incredibly accurate. I am not sure the handle is an Ikon and has certainly been blessed with being brayed with an ugly stick. However what it lacks in beauty it makes up with weight and length which are both big plus points in my book. I have always said it and I will say it again, brilliant with a Lodz blade. First time blade on this occasion and expectations said expect a weeper or two and everything lived up to expectations. Nothing major and nothing my usual splash of Witch Hazel couldn't resolve.

Nice to return to Signature soaps. First attempt was shite and far too much water. Looked more like the froth which appears on the surface of a polluted river. Nothing tipping it down the sink and starting all over again couldn't fix. And so that is what I did. Much better the second time around and more like the froth which appears on the top of a pint of Guinness which is slightly more palatable than a polluted river and probably about as much the same colour. What a great soap though and everything and more one could wish for.

Brush? It's a brush

A shave as smooth as, as smooth as, as smooth as.........and...... one moment please, phone call

'I am waiting Mr Smoothy'

Sorry about this but time to finish in a hurry. A heady spray of the most divine Goutal Eau De Monsieur and I bid you all goodnight.

Those 'old man trousers' really do work wonders. Chip chip

Before I leave this posting, why it's those Otoboke Beavers

'A watched kettle never boils'

What a load of shit that is. I watched our kettle for a whole five minutes today and had a super cup of tea afterwards.

A shave with the theme 'dispelling proverbs'

View attachment 54220

Measure twice, cut once - Ikon B1 in proprietary Black - Happy to cut you quite a few times
No pain, no gain - Polsilver Lodz - Razor blades can hurt. I call it a great shave gained if they don't
Two heads are better than one - Razorock 400 - If I had two heads 1) I would look silly 2) I'd go through twice as many blades
Laughter is the best medicine - Signature Soaps Londinium - Try telling that to someone with syphilis
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - Hawkins and Brimble aftershave - Everyone thinks I am an ugly bugger.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder - Goutal Eau De Monsieur - Rolling in pissed at 2am makes Mrs Satanfriendly love me less

A very familiar razor with me and yet again turns in a most wonderful performance. Other than delivering stupendously close shaves it also happens to be incredibly accurate. I am not sure the handle is an Ikon and has certainly been blessed with being brayed with an ugly stick. However what it lacks in beauty it makes up with weight and length which are both big plus points in my book. I have always said it and I will say it again, brilliant with a Lodz blade. First time blade on this occasion and expectations said expect a weeper or two and everything lived up to expectations. Nothing major and nothing my usual splash of Witch Hazel couldn't resolve.

Nice to return to Signature soaps. First attempt was shite and far too much water. Looked more like the froth which appears on the surface of a polluted river. Nothing tipping it down the sink and starting all over again couldn't fix. And so that is what I did. Much better the second time around and more like the froth which appears on the top of a pint of Guinness which is slightly more palatable than a polluted river and probably about as much the same colour. What a great soap though and everything and more one could wish for.

Brush? It's a brush

A shave as smooth as, as smooth as, as smooth as.........and...... one moment please, phone call

'I am waiting Mr Smoothy'

Sorry about this but time to finish in a hurry. A heady spray of the most divine Goutal Eau De Monsieur and I bid you all goodnight.

Those 'old man trousers' really do work wonders. Chip chip

Before I leave this posting, why it's those Otoboke Beavers

The Handle looks like the Razorock Radio Knob, Chris

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - Trumpers best badger.
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (1)
Post - Alum followed Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

I've been struggling to get a decent lather with this soap. I'm sure when I first purchased it, it was fine to use. Can soaps go bad after a few years? Anyway, I still had a really close and comfortable shave, with no feedback from the alum. Just two passes, plus an ATG on my side burn area. Maybe the thinner than I'm used to lather, helps get that little bit closer.

View attachment 54218
It's the one soap that I never got on with. It gave me a burning feeling. Strangely, the cream was absolutely fine; so what ever it was seemed to be a soap constituent. Not a complete loss though: the container now contains Vitos Super Red.

Date:- 05 May 2020

UzTgXaD.png

SOTD : 5th May 2020.

7.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source Cherry & Almond Shower Milk.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar.

Brush : Fine ~24mm Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Shaving Cream : OSP ~ Grapefruit & Menthol.

Blade: Indian Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock Super Platinum.(3)

Razor: 1960's Gillette Slim Twist.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Alcolado Glacial ~ Mentholated Splash Lotion.

Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

Greetings,

It's been a while since i last had a 'Full On' menthol shave!..It's a great way to wake up those face sensors!

The 1960's slim twist was my first vintage Gillette DE razor which was kindly passed on to me by a friend of the family when i first started de shaving. I've said this on many occasions, it amazes me that 50 year + vintage razor can still shave so smoothly.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups DFS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth & Super cool.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 5-5-20 (2).jpg

Good morning all,

Some great shave set ups and photos as usual....

Budget 'German' Shave today:

Shaving Cream ~ Florena 'comfort'
Razor ~ Wilkinson Sword Classic
Razor Blade ~ Wilkinson Sword
Brush ~ Wilkinson Sword Boar
Aftershave Splash ~ Hattric Classic

Nice shave at a bargain price. Components compliment each other very well....The Hattric AS Splash is a bargain at around 6 euros for the 200ml bottle pictured. The Florena cream is a great performer at under 2 euros a tube.
Have a good day, and stay safe.

Tue 5th May.

RazoRock 400. SE-Plissoft noir
P & B Spitfire
Occams - Enoch
Feather Pro [ 5 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

Having determined that The Enoch and Feather Pro seem to work for me, I have just completed my 3rd consecutive Shave. So far I am getting trouble free good quality Shaves, which indicates the Enoch as being a reasonable choice for Daily Shaving.

IMG_0724.jpg

05/05/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: D.R. Harris Arlington
Razor: Rex Ambassador Adjustable #2.75
Blade: 7 '0' Clock Black (4)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Proraso Sandalwood

Wk 19 (3)a.jpg
DFS+ result today from 3 passes, the 7OC SP blade was running out of steam so no buffing to limit the chances of a weeper, leaving my Devils whirlpools with a little roughness under the Jaw.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Tuesday

OSP Neroli
Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo 24mm synth
Face lather
Ever Ready 1924
Gem SS PTFE
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Fine Italian Citrus after shave

After a few days of DE-ness, I thought it prudent to use one of my trusted ERs. The 1924 (a.k.a. ‘Shovel Head') is one of the most assertive single edge razors in my collection. It left me with a very, very close and smooth finish; one of these shaves where everything seems to coalesce perfectly.

The OSP Neroli is a fantastic soap; and the Italian Citrus pairs very well.

I thought I'd include the original box in the photo. The razor was bought for a song on the bay last year and its condition is such that it was clearly new old stock. I'm confident that I'm its first user.

Two shillings relates to the cost of six ER blades and a free razor back in the day!!!

90E36B93-F6FE-47C2-8592-1EE69014F2A0.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom