SOTD Friday 20 june

Had my fourth and best shave tonight.

i used Boots soap and following tutorials got a good lather in the bowl. i used the Boots razor but this time i used the Bluediamond blades and found them much better in the Boots than the provided ones, allecedly personnas.

i did nip a previous nick, but a good comfortable shave with a little blood from said nick.

Well done!

I am a recent convert (about a month in), I can't comment on Boots razors, as I splashed out and went for an Edwin Jagger DE89 as my first razor.

I have tried lots of blades now (including the ultra sharp feather blades from Japan), in the end I settled on Astra Premium Stainless, as they are almost as sharp as the feather, but a lot smoother on the face, and you can get a hundred on Amazon/ebay for £8.

If you are getting niks have you tried rubbing a wet alum block over a wet face after your shave, it stings a bit, but if you let it dry and then rinse off with cold water and then apply some nice aftershave, I find the niks just vanish.

Glad you are enjoying it, shame it took me so long to try DE shaving, I will never go back to Fusions et al again.

David

Back
Top Bottom