SOTD - Don't worry.... Be happy

Slightly rushed shave today resulted in a nice cut to chin and above adams apple.

When I started this journey into DE shaving I would have got really annoyed and cursed but I found my self accepting the cut and thinking about where I went wrong.

Anyone new to DE shaving I would say this.... You WILL cut yourself... Guaranteed. But you will learn to not go all "Hulk" when it happens.

My early experience of DE is that I cut myself less than I used to, though this morning I wasn't concentrating and nicked a lip (thanks Chris Evans!), although the advantage of a sharp blade is that it knits quickly and with a shot of styptic not too much blood spilled.

I haven't managed to cut myself yet with a DE. Learning to use a straight now and that's a different story altogether. I have an inch long cut on my chin from Sunday which is making shaving a little challenging at the moment. On the plus side its a conversation point at work and I have got a few people interested in DE shaving as a result. They all think I'm mad though shaving with a straight, they are probably right ;)

Lose the beard said:
I haven't managed to cut myself yet with a DE. Learning to use a straight now and that's a different story altogether. I have an inch long cut on my chin from Sunday which is making shaving a little challenging at the moment. On the plus side its a conversation point at work and I have got a few people interested in DE shaving as a result. They all think I'm mad though shaving with a straight, they are probably right ;)
That in mind I must be ready for the men with the jacket that buckles up the back I've been a life long cutthroat shaver well apart from an enforced break from 1939 to 1946 guess who made me use a double edge? All I can say is gently don't push hard on the blade and kick kids wife and any other noise making objects out while you shave.

Get the odd micro nick in the course of normal DE shaving. Usually just a small spot coming through which I haven't noticed till it's gone. I haven't cut myself handling a blade for well over a year, so must be overdue by now. I find I tend to cut myself more on injector blades - have had two nasty 2 inch nicks this year from them. I have gone too fast and since you often apply a little pressure with these blades it's easier to do if you're a halfwit like me

People's skin varies and I get the odd small dot (neck and lower chin) most common culprits and the odd jawline but with Carts used to get more too iirc.

Fido said:
After a while I cut myself more by being careless when removing a blade from its wrapper than when shaving. Beware!

Never done that though can see how one could especially with the excessive glue used on some blades <cough> gillette <cough> ;) You could try using tweezers if you can get hold of some to remove the wrapping at least perhaps?

ishmael said:
Half inch on my chin when the boss (wife) yelled into bath, "Whats taking so long?"

Yes, I think we all get that but when nicked it's going to take longer thanks! ;)

Back
Top Bottom