SOTD 27th October - 2nd November

Friday:

Weber Bulldog & Edwin Jagger head
Feather
Neep box wood silvertip
Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort cream

Recently I've been using my EJ de86 more often. I enjoy using it, but still prefer the weight and balance of my Merkur HD 34c. So I've been wondering what the EJ would be like with a heavier, shorter handle.

Today I lashed the EJ head to my recently acquired Weber Bulldog handle (courtesy of mattyb240). The weighty, grippier handle subtly improved the feel of the EJ, and the result was a very smooth and enjoyable shave.

Friday 11-02-12. MUSIC: Camarón de la Isla_LP La Leyenda Del Tiempo

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajI0CNG7opg[/video]

Afeitado_2012-11-022-1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC two bands - Gillette Rocket HD 500 - Iridium Super #4 - Pre JASÖN - Queen Charlotte Soaps Green Irish Tweed shaving soap - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Floïd - ASL Mennen Green Tonic.

Friday Afternoon​

Late shave for me today as I was waiting for the postie to arrive to bring me my new razors, one of which had to be tried out.

Prep: Hot Flannels
Soap: Floris JF
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Best Badger
Razor: iKon OSS
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
A/S: Floris JF

A very nice relaxed shave, a wonderful lather and a marvellous shave. The open comb side of this razor feels very mild compared to any other open comb razors I have tried, but still effective.

IMG_0061.jpg

Truefitt & Hill Pre Shave Oil
Semogue 1305
TOBS Coconut Cream
Filarmonica 14
Nivea ASB & Intensive Moisturiser
Penhaligons Juniper Sling

2 pass, as smooth as...Have a great weekend Boys & Girls!​

Francorelli said:
Friday:

Weber Bulldog & Edwin Jagger head
Feather
Neep box wood silvertip
Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort cream

Recently I've been using my EJ de86 more often. I enjoy using it, but still prefer the weight and balance of my Merkur HD 34c. So I've been wondering what the EJ would be like with a heavier, shorter handle.

Today I lashed the EJ head to my recently acquired Weber Bulldog handle (courtesy of mattyb240). The weighty, grippier handle subtly improved the feel of the EJ, and the result was a very smooth and enjoyable shave.

Pleased to hear it!

Scent from Heaven orange shaving soap
Henk silvertip walnut
Birth year long handle super adjustable on 6 with Shark Super Stainless
Boots Freshwood aftershave lotion

Nice shave. Not uber-close but decent and no sting when the aftershave goes on.

Razor - TI 'Wheatfield'
Strop - 3" Snake, Shell Cordovan & Genuine Linen Hanging Razor Strop
Prep - Hot Towel, Palmolive S/S
Brush - 'Jade' (2XL)
Soap - Kent
Cold Rinse/ Witch Hazel/ Pacific Shaving ASB

by 'eck, 'Jade' has got some backbone, and well dense!! ;) … definitely not as soft as my Heritage Charity brush....yet, a bit scritchy ATM, but looking forward to breaking this in... my kind of brush!! :)

Friday 2nd November

Hot shower and Facial Scrub
3P Pre/Post Shave Cream
Ford & Medley 333 5/8 Razor
Semogue 830 Brush
Klar Kabinett
Witch hazel and Rosewater
Unrefined Shea Butter
Fikkerts Midnight Rose EDT

An excellent close and smooth 3 pass shave

Back
Top Bottom