Sometimes simple is the Best

Having tried a few of the most popular razors on the forum including a gorgeous slim courtesy of Max a nice Fatboy from Neil and of Course the DE89L, Merkur Progress, 33c and 34HD. The Progress in my mind is superior to the old gillette adjustables and the 34HD is possibly the best razor ever.

Today this arrived in the post which cost me £4.80 on the bay and the package included a pack of Supermax blades and a cheap chinese brush that will prob never come out of the box.
http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/The%20NEW/1930s%20NEW%20Gillette-Rotbart%20Hybrid.jpg

Gave it a quick clean and polish and it came up lovely. Loaded it with a Shark chrome that had 1 shave in the progress with a combination of MWF!
WoW first pass was almost DFS, a couple of ATG's and touch ups and was a BBS.
Splashed on some Speick to finish off and hardly had a tingle never mind the sting.

Amazing how something so simple from the 1930's can deliver such a comfortable lovely shave. Just somehow felt right!

Nick

With you all the way on that, I've been using a '20s old type Gillette for the last few days and honestly it is shaving like a champion. Going to find it tough to go back to the merkur.

I know what you mean, speedybabylon5. I bought one of these a while back in shaver grade condition. Basically all the brass was showing. It always somehow delivers a great all round shave - open comb gets through first pass yet still delicate and close on third touch up pass for me. In fact I recently had mine replated in gold at a cost of £25 - far more than I could buy a good condition original plating one if I kept looking for a while, but I didn't want to wait and I wanted one in mint condition. For me it was worth it. It looks as good as it shaves.
Congratulations on getting such a good price

Gotta echo the comments here, been shaving with a Gillette new head for about 2 weeks now and the results are far supeior to anything else I have tried.

Regards

Jules

Back
Top Bottom