Some random thought

This kinda popped into my mind today: do you think one day all shaving forums would merge together and become one? :roll: I mean certain forums with big pockets can surely buy smaller ones

I doubt it for the simple reason that some people are here because they don't want to be elsewhere.
And for the big sites to "buy" the little ones, they first need to want to (doubtful), and for someone to buy, someone else has to sell. (even more doubtful)

So in short, no.

Max

Blades said:
You mean..making a worldwide shaving forum.. :shock:

Everybody now... a 1, a 2, a 1 2 3

I'd like to teach the world to shave
In perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms
And lather its collective face

I'd like to make the world a soap
That everyone enjoys
A soap that's nice as MWF
But works for everyone no matter what water they use

I'd like to build the world a brush
Which is universally adored
The perfect hair, the perfect loft
Ah...forget it...that's not going to happen, and then of course there are disagreements over etiquette and what is 'ungentlemanly' and the question of charging vendors for membership and when to ban members that ask silly questions about merging shaving forums.... :lol: ;)

haha I think we all know what forum we're referring to here,lets face it if they buy other smaller forums then there'll be a higher volume of people,especially vendors they get to charge membership every year :cool:

If I could be UN-banned from every site I was banned from..I would be everywhere :mrgreen:

B

FrenchBlade said:
I doubt it for the simple reason that some people are here because they don't want to be elsewhere.
And for the big sites to "buy" the little ones, they first need to want to (doubtful), and for someone to buy, someone else has to sell. (even more doubtful)

So in short, no.

Max

Pig Cat said:
Blades said:
You mean..making a worldwide shaving forum.. :shock:

Everybody now... a 1, a 2, a 1 2 3

I'd like to teach the world to shave
In perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms
And lather its collective face

I'd like to make the world a soap
That everyone enjoys
A soap that's nice as MWF
But works for everyone no matter what water they use

I'd like to build the world a brush
Which is universally adored
The perfect hair, the perfect loft
Ah...forget it...that's not going to happen, and then of course there are disagreements over etiquette and what is 'ungentlemanly' and the question of charging vendors for membership and when to ban members that ask silly questions about merging shaving forums.... :lol: ;)

• Um, I see slight problems with the rhyme-scheme, unless the last line of the second, and particularly the third verse are 'rapped'.
    • Though I must admit that I do like lyrics with a social message, such as these.
      • ... and I think the beat is really, really, danceable, but I can't see it becoming top twenty play list material.
        • I'll give it five banjoleles out of eleven. [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

I joined here as it's a small UK forum with a (for the most part...) good community spirit.

A worldwide forum where the discussion was for products I couldn't easily obtain would bore me pretty quickly I think.

I'd fight for TSR's independence :twisted:

This is probably the only forum which would let me drivel on about all kindsa stuff from Sellotape blogs to glycerine soaps , I fear that a homogenised international conglomerate would swiftly settle down to the most mundane and politically correct level imaginable. I don't know about anyone else, however my life would be very much duller without all you loveable kooks out there (& you do know who you are !!!).

JohnnyO. :roll:

quattrojames said:
I joined here as it's a small UK forum with a (for the most part...) good community spirit.

A worldwide forum where the discussion was for products I couldn't easily obtain would bore me pretty quickly I think.

I'd fight for TSR's independence :twisted:

+1

Banish that thought.

Back
Top Bottom