some help from you SE lot please.

Dax

I confess I am usually DE man but on occasion cross to the dark side of SE. The problem is its been a while since I used either my US Ever Ready 1912 and my British made Ever Ready. One is really harsh and I usually chop myself up and the other is a close clean shave. Can't remember which is which. Obvious path use them both and seen which one makes me bleed but open to your thoughts.

Check they both have the lugs that the blade locates under. If one has those missing that is the culprit that draws blood, that is my first thought. Second thought if the lugs are on both razors, is if by mistake the blade was sitting on top of the lugs, that would have drawn blood !!!!
Regards,
Pete

I 've never had any probs with the Brit ER apart from the one and only occasion when I made the mistake above. Haven't tried a US one however, so can't give a direct comparison.

Now is obviously the ideal opportunity for you to display the most desireable TSR attribute of all and (dah dah) "TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM !!!".

Don't forget that all important feedback after once you have staunched the flow of claret.

Stout Fellow.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Well I'm still a novice SE user so treat any comments made in this section with due irreverence, or any other section for that matter.

You may want to compare the angle of the head on each. Just hold them up side to side. It's very likely that someone in the pass bend the head by accident. If they're different just Bend the harsh one to match the comfortable one.
Worth a try.

So, as suggetsed I took one for the team this weekend and tried both razors. Surprisingly the British Ever Ready (a much heavier, solidly built bit of kit) was the one that left me bleeding and with a wicked rash either side of the adams apple. A days grace to recover and it was the turn of the US 1912 with the guard bar with the open comb (sort of). Much lighter razor, did a really close shave with no problems, no nicking and no rash.
I don't know whether it's technique or that the British model is just a more serious bit of kit but it is definately off to the back of the draw from now on.

Dax said:
So, as suggetsed I took one for the team this weekend and tried both razors. Surprisingly the British Ever Ready (a much heavier, solidly built bit of kit) was the one that left me bleeding and with a wicked rash either side of the adams apple. A days grace to recover and it was the turn of the US 1912 with the guard bar with the open comb (sort of). Much lighter razor, did a really close shave with no problems, no nicking and no rash.
I don't know whether it's technique or that the British model is just a more serious bit of kit but it is definately off to the back of the draw from now on.

I thought the English 1912 was made the same as the USA 1912 or is the English SE not a 1912 ??
Pete

Just to clarify, this is the 1912 yank:
[attachment=4507][attachment=4508][attachment=4509]
This is the Brit:
[attachment=4510][attachment=4511]
The yank was great, the brit was very severe.

Attachments

• IMAG0040.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMAG0041.jpg
    IMAG0041.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0042.jpg
    IMAG0042.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0044.jpg
    IMAG0044.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMAG0045.jpg
    IMAG0045.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 33
Dax said:

This is the Brit:

The Brit one you have is an Ever Ready Streamline, a better quality and more solid Razor than the USA 1912 you have.....................but it can bite

out of all the SE razors i have the most comfortable one i have found is the Featherweight:

SAM_0332.jpg

Dax said:

This is the Brit:

So as I guessed you were not using a British 1912 but as Steve pointed out a Streamline worth I may say a lot more than a 1912 British Ever Ready. That is the same build quality as the USA 1912.
Regards,
Pete

If you get tired of having that Streamline lying in the back of the drawer in the future let me know m8, that's my go to razor & I could always have one in reserve.
In your place though I'd hang onto it for future reference as it truly can be a magnificient piece of kit if you settle into SE shaving with any regularity. And it's general finish & quality are outstanding.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Ouch! I'm guessing you have almost twice the weight on the Streamline. These heads require a very light touch, one fellow having described it as applying "negative pressure" in his shaving drawstroke. I would suspect that if you played with it as though you were drawing a very light and even coat of paint on your face, that would be about right.

I had the same issue when trying a Rapide, after my Gems. Same blade, same angle, heavier razor= swath of gore.

Back
Top Bottom