Soaps v creams

:shave Been at this shaving lark for a while now and i prefer my soaps to creams,But this last few weeks decided to try creams as i have a mountain to get through..Now dont know why but shaves have been much closer and bbs nearly every time?.Why would this be.Got bought some cade for my birthday and it was a pig to get a good lather with so tried some other creams and must say the Arko is excellant,anyone who cannot create a good lather with this stuff should give up.So really wondering why shaves would be better with creams rather than soap..anybody.

I suspect it's the quality of the lather that you make. It is easier to produce decent lather with creams but each soap will produce fine lather once you find the right balance of product and water.

Fido said:
I suspect it's the quality of the lather that you make. It is easier to produce decent lather with creams but each soap will produce fine lather once you find the right balance of product and water.

I agree, your cream based lather is probably better hydrated. If you don't use a bowl try it with your soap you get better control.

It's certainly easy to apply a lot of soap especially with a stick, you could try this as an experiment...

Face lather as you normally do with soap or stick, with that loaded brush take it to a warm bowl and start mixing until a thick cream starts to emerge then start adding a little more water to further hydrate. You should hopefully see the transition to a more glossy hydrated lather, you can then rinse off and re-lather, see if that makes any difference.

This way you get the benefit and face prep of pre lather and face lathering combined with the consistency and pleasure of using a fully hydrated warm lather created in a bowl.

Back
Top Bottom