Soaps and creams - how many shaves?

I have plenty of soaps and creams. Not concerned about them going bad but would like anecdotal advice on how many shaves people get out of, say, a tub of Tobs and a puck of Mitchells Wool Fat, that sort of thing. I haven't used up many over the last couple of years and don't really know how many years of shaves I have ahead of me.

8 months of shaves per puck of quality shaving soap is about as good a ball-park figure as I can offer.

A tub of TOBS Sandalwood cream lasted me about 6 months of almost daily use. I've only used two shave sticks (La Toja and Palmolive) and two croaps (Proraso and Cella) since finishing, but haven't really made a dent in any of them. I think that's what's keeping my SS/CAD on the slow burner. I think it's also why I'll offload anything that I don't really like, if that makes sense. To that end, I've a practically full tub of Trumpers Limes cream to move on/trade when I get back.

Defo interested to see what mileage you guys get from your software. There's some serious value to be had out there. I wonder what a Palmolive sticks cost per shave comes to! Definitely under a penny.

I'm glad I asked this question I must admit I thought a tub of TOBS would last somewhere between 1 and 6 months of daily shaving, so surprised and pleased at the same time.
Of course, makes it difficult to justify buying more as I have about thirty-odd but like Burgundy I'm a bit ruthless with them and trading now... :)

I have so many, and rotate them so frequently (every week) that I can't imagine me using anything up for about ten years (and I'm not joking!)

But I'm not bothered. If they go off, so be it (though I don't think they will, though their scent will fade).

Back
Top Bottom