Soap Packaging and Labelling

Nice choice and use of font, colour and graphic. I'd still stick with a more traditional layout i.e

Brand
Product
Description
Ingredients

maybe with less emphasis on BRYALLEN

Back to the tins for a moment. Do they have a screw top, or a push-on lid? It might seem a niggly little point, but I have one of the latter which is driving me crazy, because the lid keeps jumping off. Not that it'd stop me buying some of course. The label is just fine by me, by the way.

Found this pic which shows smaller versions of the tin with labels on the lids - the primrose and BRIALLEN are not so bright on the aluminium.[attachment=0]

Attachments

• 4Balms.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 189
Looks pretty good Elaine.
Good luck with it.
By the way, the green hand/body soap with the bits in it is terrific. :)
I'll be ordering some more soon.
regards,
beejay

Arrowhead said:
When do you expect to make this available, Elaine?

I've nearly finished a commission for a set of essential oil blends so I can start on the soap next week; just working out which fragrances to make first - the HoneySpice (renamed Caraway Blend if I can't think of anything), the Citrus Silk fragrance, possibly the Myrica fragrance or a Cedar based and then maybe a Rose or Lavender of some sort.

I like the tins; I've toyed with using them myself on and off for a while, but never got around to it. And the wide mouth is ideal. My 200g jars have the same diameter, but the vast majority of what I sell is the 100g size, which unfortunately has a narrower neck/mouth.
I think the name Briallen actually sounds quite masculine (not being a Welsh speaker ;) ). Many on here thought that the name Nanny wasn't appropriate for a shaving soap, and they are probably right.... :oops: I got as far as deciding at one stage to call the soap 'The Soap Alchemist'....but then undecided and reverted to Nanny's. (sorry Sirprize).

First try.

120g - 125g in the larger tin (about 85cm diam) and the space at the top is a bit more than 1cm deep - probably around £5.50.

80 - 85 g in the smaller tin with just over 0.5cm depth of space at the top - probably around £4.00.[attachment=0]

What do you think please?

Attachments

• SwSpice1.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 104
Looks great – I'm going to get this puppy working for me. I get a great shave from it – I just can't seem to get the lather. I'm going to try something else tonight, as I still have more than enough to have a shave with.

I'm frustrated with it. Nothing leaves my skin feeling as good after a shave… :evil:

I will prevail. Assuming that I do, count me in for some – it's blumin' lovely stuff, so good luck with it.

Lipsy

Back
Top Bottom