Soap Lather Tech question

Okay, noticed a lot of videos show people wet the soap, wet brush, get end of brush soapy and then lather that in an empty bowl, is it okay to lather just right there on top of the soap all in one bowl?

I grinded down my palmolive stick like people said into the one container i had that fit the purpose, so can this be done?

cozzyb said:
Okay, noticed a lot of videos show people wet the soap, wet brush, get end of brush soapy and then lather that in an empty bowl, is it okay to lather just right there on top of the soap all in one bowl?

I grinded down my palmolive stick like people said into the one container i had that fit the purpose, so can this be done?

I don't like any kind of faffing about so I make my lather as simply as possible.

Wet brush, quick swirl on top of soap, create lather on face.

Try anything you fancy having a go at. If you enjoy lathering directly on your face just swirl on the soap and continue on your face. But you can also instead, use a bowl to continue your lathering before applying it to your face. Play around with different methods then decide what is most effective and enjoyable for you.

I've been using the godrej shaving round and found it works best being palm lathered.

I thought I'd just try it on a off chance and I actually got s slicker lather then I would face lathering. Also this soap isn't too great in my bowl.

I guess it's just a case of experimenting to see which method suits you and what you get the best results with.

You'll probably need to spend a good amount of time with each method, and then pick the one that gives you the best/most consistant results.

Personally, I tend to use face lathering for soaps (as Vinny as described) and palm lathering for creams.

Ian

zig zag said:
Big tub of Palmolive whip it up right there on top no messing, it's not going to break the bank.

Yes, just find a shallow sort of cappuccino mug or a bowl, squish some Palmolive in the bottom and you can make the lather in there. Probably more efficient than transferring it to another bowl and starting again. Plus you can leave any remaining lather in there to dry out and it can be used again the next time. Dat's an option!

well tried the old palm, for now at least this works very well, especially when compared to lather on face which i really couldn't seem to manage, will try a bowl lather at some point though.

Back
Top Bottom