So - first shave with the Kropp then

Re: RE: So - first shave with the Kropp then

Leslie145 said:
Damn this site - I appear to have aquired SRAD...

...couple more straights on their way to me
Erm I know the feeling, I have another on its way too..... Glad I'm not the only one.. [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE].

Jim

Nishy said:
hellofromme said:
Shavettes give vastly bigger snicks than straights IMHO.
How do you come to this conclusion?

I have to say this is my experience also. Not sure why, but my worst cuts by far we're from a cheap shavette that I used for travel. Strangely not from my Feather SS though and only from straights when I do something stupid, usually when edging my beard.

Stop Press.

XTG has now been added to the straight shaving experience!! WTG/XTG combo above the jawline gave me a near perfect BBS, so yesterday, DE razor only needed to finish off on the neck.

Leslie145 said:
Stop Press.

XTG has now been added to the straight shaving experience!! WTG/XTG combo above the jawline gave me a near perfect BBS, so yesterday, DE razor only needed to finish off on the neck.
Nice one! That xtg on the cheeks is something else, lawnmower esq. Go for the neck mate it isn't as scary as it looks/sounds, just map out that growth properly!

ATG achieved +++smug mode+++

Yesterday's straight shave was WTG all over, followed by XTG on the cheeks & ATG on the neck/throat - result? a DFS with no need to bring the DE out to finish off.

Me happy

Leslie145 said:
Nishy said:
Nice one Jim! Your two others were posted Friday :)

Cheers Avnish - given the issues you had, reckon they're shave-able??
I put a short note inside the package which explains the two razors. One is shavable but as the edge is dented it may be advisable to try a test patch out first. I also threw in another razor for you to try out then send back please, gives a good indication of a shave ready razor honed by myself with a good edge.

Good going with the XTG, I am still playing catchup, wtg is pretty much automatic for me now, although parts of my neck still sometimes give me wake up calls. XTG is a whole different ball game for me. Time to watch some more videos on the XTG technique :p

I am sending my latest acquisition away for some needed work, and have my eye on a new straight (or 3) from the invisible edge. Also looking to add a 3in strop to my arsenal.

Nice one Leslie 145.

Jim

OK - first load of blood spilt & it was a s++t load... but not from the face.

Shave went even better than the last one - still DFS, still no need for DE cleanup anywhere & damned near BBS above the jawline.

However, on the last wipe of the blade on the towel, I must've lost focus for a split second - I am now wearing plasters on the tips of index & middle finger on the left hand; damn, that Kropp is sharp - deep cuts on both finger pads, claret everywhere, a huge amount of swearing & a very sympathetic wife "at least you know you're maintaining a good edge"

I know how that feels Leslie145, Cleaning my king cutter the other week, a lapse of concentration for a fraction of a second and the red stuff dripping out of my index finger tip. The teeth are sharp.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom