Single edge razor of the day.

Not used Erasmic since 60s,then in stick form and found it to dry the Skin post Shave.
Never been familiar with the stick, which, I believe, has become infamous throughout forums for its poor performance.
The bowl however is a different soap base and a reasonably priced glycerine based soap. Now with a larger bowl, better to load. Easily available at a budget price. It has a nice scent, but I do however have much better performing soaps.

Pal Deluxe Injectomatic
Personna Stainless Coated

QaCNH3f.jpg

Not used Erasmic since 60s,then in stick form and found it to dry the Skin post Shave.
I have a vintage puck, presumably of the same formulation as you used to use, and enjoy it a lot. I like to feel powdery dry after a shave, and my preferred soaps definitely contribute to that.

Erasmic has been through a number of reformulations in recent years and yes, most definitely caught a poor reputation for one of those formulations. I believe there have been two further reformulations since. I have two apparently identical bowls, both with the "20% larger fill" but one has what I'd say are more nasties than the (newer) other which also has lanolin in the formulation.

I think it's a pretty good soap now. Certainly a country mile different to the one you used to use. It still has that very specific Erasmic scent.

I have a vintage puck, presumably of the same formulation as you used to use, and enjoy it a lot. I like to feel powdery dry after a shave, and my preferred soaps definitely contribute to that.

Erasmic has been through a number of reformulations in recent years and yes, most definitely caught a poor reputation for one of those formulations. I believe there have been two further reformulations since. I have two apparently identical bowls, both with the "20% larger fill" but one has what I'd say are more nasties than the (newer) other which also has lanolin in the formulation.

I think it's a pretty good soap now. Certainly a country mile different to the one you used to use. It still has that very specific Erasmic scent.
I tried the Stick and did not get oN with it. Fortunately , I discovered Yardleys Black Label, and used it for years.

Back
Top Bottom