Simple pleasures

Mrs Jeltz has insisted on watching some trash on the TV and iPlayer this evening so I've spent the time with the headphones on.

Been listening to loads of different music, Zappa, Evanescence, Andrea Bocelli, Guns n Roses, Maria Callas (amongst others) and enjoying a rather acceptable single malt :)

I must do this more often. :geek:

No shave tonight following the whisky, though.

Mrs F and I have long since worked out the need to do our own thing as well as spend time together. So now it's useful to have two laptops and different places to watch TV or listen to music. Shopping trips begin with coffee at the end of which we decide when to meet up again and go our separate ways. But we do holiday together!

Eventually you'll learn...different houses is the key to peace and happiness.

I like what the Japanese do though...one room for procreation, otherwise its separate bedrooms.

Mrs.M and I went away last year and stayed in Dolgellau in Wales.

We picked this place as we like Wales, but it's also only 25 minutes drive from the low-fly areas where I can go and take pictures of aircraft.

For 3 of the 4 days that we were there, I went "up the hill" and Mrs.M spent her time elswhere doing various things.

As we were driving home, we both commented on what a lovely break we'd both had, then looked at each other and laughed, as it seemed that the success of the holiday was owing to us being apart!!

Ian

Jeltz said:
Been listening to loads of different music, Zappa, Evanescence, Andrea Bocelli, Guns n Roses, Maria Callas (amongst others)

If there is any Zappa that you fancy hearing which you dont have then give me a shout, I have about 50 odd albums worth

Wow, I've a lot but not 50 albums. TBH I mostly listen to music on Youtube when I get the urge. While I think much of Zappa's work is fantastic there is also an awful lot of stuff that leaves me cold. Thanks for the offer though, despite my avatar I guess that Overnite sensation was my favourite album although Weasels ripped my flesh does have the best track title ever Prelude to the Afternoon of a Sexually Aroused Gas Mask I used to hope it would come up on Give us a clue but it never did :mrgreen:

I like the partnership of Over Nite Sensation and Apostrophe both pinnacles of that particular era.

I have about 50 albums and that excludes about 20 which don't do it for me. Most of those 20 are live albums.

The Rykodisc company issued a one off discount on the Zappa albums earlier this year and they all came into my work priced between £5 - £7 (single disc albums), £9 (double albums) and £15 ("box-set" albums). Without that I wouldn't really have anywhere near 50 of them. Putting staff discount on that, it's still a lot of money, but can allow to try out new things.

My only TV broke about month ago. I have yet to replace it and do not miss it.

I listen to the radio, use the BBC iplayer on my laptop and pop into the library to read papers and magazines, and listen to podcasts. I was up at my parents at the weekend and spent half an hour channel hopping. Bored by the lack of decent programmes and severely pissed off at the amount of adverts I switched the telly off and listened to a bit of jazz on the ipod.

So my simple pleasure now is life without TV advertising, if I never hear Paul Merton and Stephen Fry do that car insurance ad ever again then I think its a good deal.

I occasionally listen to Jazz FM too but only between the hours os 6pm and 10pm (when they play actual Jazz) the rest of the time they play that modern Jazz-lite kinda stuff. SWMBO listens to Rock Radio ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom