Silvermax platinum blade

They became the EuroMax Platinum. Made by Vertice, they've a good pedigree and stand well amongst the new wave of sub-continent blades.

I kinda rate them but then I do like a playful tiger! I think I commented that the shave was like a bare-knuckle version of the Gillette Winner. Other folks comment that they're pretty much a copy of SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum. Sharp and smooth, yes, perhaps a little scratcy on the first run?

Last edited:
They became the EuroMax Platinum. Made by Vertice, they've a good pedigree and stand well amongst the new wave of sub-continent blades.

I kinda rate them but then I do like a playful tiger! I think I commented that the shave was like a bare-knuckle version of the Gillette Winner. Other folks comment that they're pretty much a copy of SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum. Sharp and smooth, yes, perhaps a little scratcy on the first run?

Interesting, I have just finished going through the Gillette sample pack from Connaught so good timing to give one a go. I have fairly tough beard, found a lot of blades are sweet for shave 2/3 then in the bin after that. I found London Bridge to improve drastically on the 2d and 3rd shaves, hopefully these could be similar

It never ceases to amaze me how much you know about blades and how you can tell what they are from feel alone. I can't even decide which I like best! I tend to plump for Nacet, GSB.

I feel the same as you, I have made an effort to vary my shave kit a bit more this year and its paid off with my technique and knowing what I like. GSB is still my go to blade, the rest I just like to rotate and try to learn a bit more as I go. It is such a minefield I think I'll never know more than not very much!

Threw one in my ball end tech tonight. Plenty sharp enough, definitely not the smoothest for the first few strokes, scratchy is a fair description. Improved as the shave went on, so I'll give it another go tomorrow and see how it fairs. So far won't be a go to blade but if it's all I had to hand I'd use it and get a decent enough shave. Have some Dorco and Tiger blades to try after this and see how they stack up

Threw one in my ball end tech tonight. Plenty sharp enough, definitely not the smoothest for the first few strokes, scratchy is a fair description. Improved as the shave went on, so I'll give it another go tomorrow and see how it fairs. So far won't be a go to blade but if it's all I had to hand I'd use it and get a decent enough shave. Have some Dorco and Tiger blades to try after this and see how they stack up
Interesting, thanks.

Bear in mind the red Tiger blades are not for shaving with. Yellow and silver packs are good for shaving although I've not tried the silver ones..

Interesting, thanks.

Bear in mind the red Tiger blades are not for shaving with. Yellow and silver packs are good for shaving although I've not tried the silver ones..
Tiger had a bit of a re-launch in the last few years, so there's a Tiger and a Tatra. Both platinum. Same blade. Both made for shaving. But yes, the older Tiger were most certainly NOT for shaving!

2nd shave was better as expected, did the job sharpness was decent, still not that smooth. 3rd shave, reasonably sharp but not smooth or that great if a shave overall. Sharpness was ok, stepped down though, almost felt as though the blade was flexing a bit and rubbing at times. Maybe technique related but who knows. They would do a job but I doubt I'll reach for them anytime soon. I'll give the tiger a run tomorrow and see how it compares.

Re-checking my notes, I thought this to be a two-shave blade. The third shave was substantially inferior to the second.

Fwiw I would agree with that summary. Not the worst blade I have used, but with the array of blades available it's just not quite on the list

Back
Top Bottom