Silly Soap Cream

I just got a sample of Warm Spice Travel size cream from Sharon (thanks !!!). Tried it today, like it more than the soap, think because I live in a hard water area I need to change my technique using the soap, but I can recomend the cream. Another winner Sharon...............whips up to a nice thick creamy lather and no nicks or razor burn...........but whens the Ginger one comming out ???....... :roll: :roll:

missingskin said:
but whens the Ginger one comming out ???.......
Chris Evans is gay???

I too have been test driving one of Sharon's new creams. This was a lavendar one. I'm still a relative n00b to DE and straight razor shaving and so don't have the wide ranging experience of some of the people in TSR, but the difference between this and the two shaving soaps I've used (Sharon's Sandalwoody and Trumper's Sandalwood) is noticeable. The new cream lathers up very well, but the best thing for me was the superlative cushioning effect it has when using a straight.

I really like it, so much so that I've just ordered a wodge more. It's like RAD but more SAD.

:lol: Agreed!

Sharon - how come you're only selling your cream in a travel container at the moment? I'm getting lazy these days and err towards creams more. I'd be interested in a larger one if it's on the cards.

There are two items under discussion here, one is Sharon's Lavender shaving cream which is more of a paste and performs like face-kevlar, and the Warm-spice that is a fractionally lighter formulation to foster easier lathering.
Both of these products perform superlatively in their own right.

a) The Lavender "paste" is definitely a heavy-duty formulation and was an absolute bugger to lather until I discovered how.
You treat it like hard soap - sopping wet brush and lots of agitation will produce a lovely lather that glides well, does not perish and provides more protection than hardened titanium.
I have recommended to Sharon that she advertise this as a "for sensitive skins" product as it offers so much protection.

b) The Warm-spice cream comes in a squeeze-tube and lathers up delightfully and offers a lovely creamy shave with all the glide and protection of any of the three T's without making any pretentious claims about being this and that-free, because it simply is.

Did I also mention that they both leave the skin feeling lovely?

All in all - great stuff.

Pig Cat said:

Sharon - how come you're only selling your cream in a travel container at the moment? I'm getting lazy these days and err towards creams more. I'd be interested in a larger one if it's on the cards.

Pig Cat, I am selling the Lavender and The Herby One in the 200g size in the stainless steel bowls. None of the members have tried the Herby One but one will be on its way to Cheese Dave tomorrow, so maybe he will give us his opinion on the scent, although scent is utterly objective. I think it was very brave of him to dive in both feet first and give it a try!!
I will also be listing the Eucalyptus and Tea Tree in 200g jars soon, as soon as I can get the labels sorted. They are PET jars, look quite glass like but lighter for posting, and 60% recycled.
More will be coming in the next few weeks in 100ml pet jars (cheaper obviously, but not as convenient as the larger mouthed 200g), and also in the stainless steel tins with the lids that don't fit tight enough. I've been having a bit of a nightmare with the tins. Waiting for both the latter containers to be delivered.

SirPrize said:
There are two items under discussion here, one is Sharon's Lavender shaving cream which is more of a paste and performs like face-kevlar, and the Warm-spice that is a fractionally lighter formulation to foster easier lathering.
My apologies, everyone, Anthony is quite right, there are two things under discussion here, and I don't want to confuse anyone. My review was of the Lavender shaving kevlar. I've not tried the warm-spice cream (though I have some on order).

soapalchemist said:
Pig Cat said:

Pig Cat, I am selling the Lavender and The Herby One in the 200g size in the stainless steel bowls. None of the members have tried the Herby One but one will be on its way to Cheese Dave tomorrow, so maybe he will give us his opinion on the scent, although scent is utterly objective. I think it was very brave of him to dive in both feet first and give it a try!!
I will also be listing the Eucalyptus and Tea Tree in 200g jars soon, as soon as I can get the labels sorted. They are PET jars, look quite glass like but lighter for posting, and 60% recycled.
More will be coming in the next few weeks in 100ml pet jars (cheaper obviously, but not as convenient as the larger mouthed 200g), and also in the stainless steel tins with the lids that don't fit tight enough. I've been having a bit of a nightmare with the tins. Waiting for both the latter containers to be delivered.

Thanks Sharon! :D

I tried the warm spice this morning , I can't decide what the smell reminds me of exactly, but I like it. Performed really well, nice lather, gave a really nice smooth shave.

soapalchemist said:
<snipped> ... None of the members have tried the Herby One but one will be on its way to Cheese Dave tomorrow, so maybe he will give us his opinion on the scent, although scent is utterly objective. I think it was very brave of him to dive in both feet first and give it a try!!<snipped>

Wow Sharon, I didn't know that nobody here had tried it before.

I have thought about it a few times, but it seems I always come back to the part in your description for it that says something about it smelling somewhat medicinal. I don't know exactly what that does mean, as I think of eucalyptus, camphor, peppermint, and chammomile (as well as a host of other 'flavourers' of scents), all smell 'medicinal' too me, sometimes, in some things, but sometimes not in some other things. As you say, smells are very subjective, and I find, dependent ofttimes on other environmental factors too (miscibility with other folks perfumes, food smells, B.O., air pollutants from traffic and factories, and even my mood/thought/memories at the time, and such, and so on, can efffect how I react to perfumes).

Many perfumes/colognes/balms/washes/gels/lotions etc can have too overpoweringly chemical/detergent/ether/and so on, types of scents in my nose's opinion, and they actually make my brain hurt. The bus rides to and from work can be quite a challenge somedays, what with the 'smellies' some folks wear (too much of) ... and stuff. ... and I think this post has become something of a morning ramble...

Hi UH, well it has to be said that The Herby One isn't exactly flying off the shelves. I think it's difficult when buying these things on the internet; obviously you want to smell before you buy. With something like lavender, citrus, eucalyptus you have a good idea of how it should/will smell lile - but The Herby One is a bit of a dark horse. I may decant into jars and see if that makes it more appealing.....

The Herby one does sound interesting Sharon. I will try your LE cream when I get home & if I like that & it is the same formulation I will be in touch. I am a fan of Tea Tree & love the Eucalypt in Proraso so it could be a match made in heaven, as they say.

Fozz, how long have you been away from home??? Seems like an awful long time. I hope you like the soap when you finally get home. I think from what I'm hearing back that you use it like a hard soap, but being softer you shouldn't have to try so hard, and it can take quite a lot of water. But I'm happy to be corrected on that by the people who have to actually shave their faces with it. :D

Yeah it's very similar to bowl form Proraso, same soap as the cream but not quite solid and not cream either. You could quite easily take some out and bowl lather with it but I prefer to load the brush straight of the soap and I can still mix on a bowl or go straight to face dependent on how I am feeling.

Back
Top Bottom