50s Gillette Tech
1958 Gillette Superspeed Flare Tip
1960 Gillette Fatboy
1967 Gillette Slim
1967 Gillette Aristocrat Slim
Ever Ready 1912
Schick Type E
Schick Type L

A great story with some real history there Iain, a good read, thank's for posting.

Paul.

Loved it
Great Read

A very interesting thread, I’m lucky enough to have a number of vintage razors and really enjoy using them as well as my more modern ones.

It will be hard to imagine that in a blink of an eye, the likes of Blackland Blackbird / Rex Ambassador and many more will be considered the vintage ones. And the ones in the thread will be considered antique pieces.

And even harder to imagine, what will the new modern razors be.

Best,

Ben

Good to see this thread bumped up again.

Has anyone been in contact with Russ (@RussellR5555)? He's not been here (or the other site) for a while.

It'll be this Ben.

We are living in the future now!

Currently we have a razor with...

3 BLADES!

I know, it's mind blowing for sure.

(Ok, ok. I'm sure some will suggest that there are modern razors with even more blades, but I can't handle it right now. I will accept razors with blades >3 in my own time, I'm not ready just yet.)

5 Vintage Japanese with 3 Being Feather
I can’t remember the dates of hand i would need to check it out but i’m auld & it’s getting late lol
Nice Little Travel Gibbs Although i have no idea of date and it’s a feisty little bugger.

The most embarrassing point here is not a Tech in sight.
Unfortunately the ones i had i sold due of condition not being what i like.

Love those vintage Feathers!

Paul.

Fantastic collection, but if I don't see a Tech in the next three weeks it will be standing in the corner for you.
I take it you like as new razors with box and papers. I'm quite happy with full non chipped plating no box, no dings razors because I know I am just going to use and abuse them. After I buy a razor it has no cash value to me, as in it is cash spent and I will not get it back but I still value them as razors.

You won’t see me with a Tech in 3 weeks mate unfortunately
im off to Norway on wednesday for 6 weeks

Yes i like them in as pristine condition as i can get them.
I don’t do it for money reasons really as i would hope i never have to sell them unless i get fed up but i just like the thought of people looking after things no matter what that maybe.
If it’s a razor with Box & papers i’m taking it everyday of the week

unless the wife says otherwise

Why do you add "Rhodium" to the Aristocrat and then not list the plating on the others? Rhodium is snooty enough that it's a bragging point? A nd if so, why?