Show us your slants

Judging from the handle, the design of the box and the absence of DRGM and DRP I'd say this razor is late fifties. Problem is, I have no idea if Fasan existed aroud that time ...
And yes, it is one the the most torqued razors I own.

Last edited:
View attachment 15617 Trumpf
No idea on this one?

It's got the same tilt and slant as the Fasan but the caps are not quite interchangeable due to the angles being ever so slightly different.

It's also lighter than the Fasan at a hefty 11g.

Used this Trumpf this morning and it's definitely a keeper. Same shave if not better than the Fasan with same head design. What a little cracker.

Any examples of adjustable slants?
I know of no adjustable slants. There's one adjustable diagonal in the classical sense that I know of, that's the Walbusch: basically a Merkur Progres with a Walbusch head. I own two adjustable diagonals where you can adjust the angle the head makes on the grip: you can make the head more or less adjustable, in three steps. Step one is 6 degrees, step 3 is 45 degrees. Haven't tested them yet, so you'll have to wait a bit for pictures.

I have three slants double edge razors, a Merkur 37c, an Ikon Shavecraft 102 and an unmarked slant bakelite razor.

a2e7b89432891b2819b309c21482ebfb.jpg

068a9b3fb996e464435995e3da184889.jpg

15ca5e23fcb2d4b0722f95e4f8ffe7e1.jpg

Walbusch diagonal razor:
DSC02633.JPG

27/28 grams (scales can't seem to decide). Marvelously effective and mild diagonal.

Last edited:
Sonnal bakelite slant:
DSC03144.JPG

Can't remember weight. First time I used it was on vacation in a semidark bathroom (all the light there was) and I wrote it of already. Came home, decided to give it another try using another brush and a properly lit room and what a surprise. Great slant.

Hoffritz slant:
DSC02136.JPG

Same razor as Merkur 37c, only difference is with the Hoffritz the top is smooth where the 37c is ribbed. And this is silverplated of course.

Back
Top Bottom