Show us your boars!

Latest boar acquisition: Omega 011829

29894260998_d12e3ccdf9.jpg

Three uses now, was off to a rocky start but once I realised varying the pre-soak time considerably changes the brush performance (yes I'm still a boar newbie) it really came on song. Also, the knot initially seemed to be quite sparse but as the tips split the knot really fills out, I guess Omega know exactly what their doing!
...this brush works for me so well, a really superb boar and a steal in terms of it's performance...hope it fits you...

A bit late to the party but only recently I began to appreciate boar brushes....

Two Semogues, one is the 2000 knot in a RR 400 handle and the 2nd appearance on this thread for the SOC.

I didn't think I'd use the Semogue 2000 again it was always a bit of a hit and miss experience with it for me.... I then I figured out what I was doing wrong.... the new handle also made a positive difference. I now load the brush for twice as long and I can build a good lather.

Apologies for the iPhone pics. Vintage - all unused but cleaned, apart from the Kent:
L to R: Kent military issue, marked 1944; Erasmic; Culmak Spartan; Cussons - in all probability a generic, found in Imperial Leather and Boots sets; an interesting (declared) boar found in an old Boots Monogram set, which might be next in my rotation - the filthiest brush I've ever encountered.
32692E0A-7225-4407-9304-EC2FC25F42BD.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom