Short SE summary?

Ha ha, no, I am pondering my opinion.
Considering my view if you will.
As I am still pretty new, I don't have lots of experience.
Never sure if it is me or the razor.

However, this seems to work.
I don't know if it is poor technique with other razors and this is easier to use generally?
Or this is sharper or what, but initial impressions are that it gives a closer shave with less passes than other razors.
I shall have to go and revisit the DEs at a later date to test, but at the moment, I shall definitely be using this one.
Thanks for the chance MR D.

Glad you haven't bled out mate. I'd agree with ya so far. Close shave with fewer passes. DE's have the edge on comfort although the later SE's like the GEM Clog Pruf give a shave more comfortable than the 1912 and still mega efficient. I used the Clog Pruf 12 hours ago and still have a DFS.

Ha ha, yes you did old bean, but you got to learn for yourself eh?
I don't find it at all harsh.
I found all of the DEs (is it called dragging when the blade grabs the hair and pulls your face long with it a tiny bit?)
Probably down to technique. But I didn't find it so much with this.
Just seemed easier to use than the DEs.
I don't do cutting myself (Thought i would skip that section of shaving) so this was fine.

Is the SE blade sharper than DE blades? Or is it down to it's stiffness?
Hmmm, I have found a soap that I don't like.
I just got in and couldn't wait to shave, I used a sample of Mike's Rose soap (Courtesy of MR Smartepants)
However, it just reminds me of old ladies.
Specifically my nan's pants. I smell like an old lady. I think I will Pif this one.

Right, so, we like the 1912 so far. Excellent.
Oh, you mentioned the whole shim thing in other threads.
Does that make it more errrrrr 'efficient'?

Just wanted to clarify another point if you don't mind.
I managed to get hold of a 1924 for comparison with the 1912.
Not enough shaves yet to make a decision.
They definitely seem to be along the right lines though.

So, to my point that needs clarifying.

SE shavers are generally a better class of person than DE shavers, right?

Oh dear oh dear, I do hope this rabbit hole has some sort of safety net.
well, I really must try and use one thing for a while to achieve some consistency.
But which one?
The 1912, the 1924?
Right, I decided. Went with the razor that had the blade in at the time. A 1924 with the shim.
Consistency, consistency consistency.......

So, why oh why has a Gem MMOC and a Rolls razor just popped through my letterbox?

I am so glad these are all so cheap.

Dodgy Dave will blame me for that one...I sent him a Clog Pruf...If you look at USA based shaving forums you will notice that a lot of folks are using them as regular shavers...They don't get mentioned in threads as much as they should...The folks across the Pond were brought up with Dad or Granddads Micromatics....They are also cheap in the USA because they don't need to pay high postage costs....In my humble opinion the Clog Pruf was the pinnacle of Gem SEs are they were specifically designed to use a current blade...o_O

Moreover, the Clog Pruf is essentially the Closed Comb or Closed Guard Version of the infamous OCMM - Open Comb Micromatic...The Clog Pruf has a couple of drain holes but they are otherwise identical...They are both equally as aggressive as well...Its just that the OCMM is a lot harder to use...The Clog Pruf is just about up there with the Streamline in terms of efficiency, smoothness and in terms of being a well balance Yin & Yang shaving tool in my books...Down side is the postage costs from the USA...But hey...Its well worth it...:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom