Shirt style for my age?

Hey guys,

Gonna be needing some new shirts soon and was wondering if there's any particular style I should go for? I'm 27 and in good shape, I do have trouble finding a good fit sometimes as I find that when they fit my chest and neck they can be too baggy and I hate it when they're tucked in and there's loads of excess around the sides.

Also if they didn't crease easily that would be great.

So if anyone can help with collar style, cuff style and anything else that would be great.

Thanks!

Are you talking about button downs, polos, or t-shirts? Or a Henley?

If button downs, you need an athletic fitting shirt. Honestly not sure who makes them OTR, I just gave up and buy mine MTM.

As for style, it doesn't really matter with button downs. There is no age appropriate collar and french cuffs can be worn by everyone. That said, I suppose flamboyant patterns should be reserved for night club wear.

I have quite a lot of shirts made through the M&S Made To Measure service. It's great for getting the right fit (I often end up with the arms too long if the neck fits well when I go off the peg).

You get to chose the fabric, colour, colar type, cuff type, pockets, placket type, monogram etc as well entering your measurements and preferred fit.

Prices vary depending on options, but are very competitive. Most of mine were under £60, and there are sometimes offers on. Basic designs would be cheaper than that, and people often comment (positively) on mine.

Lose the beard, thanks for that I'll check T M Lewin as I've recently learnt how to tie Windsor knots :)

asharperrazor, sorry should have been clearer I meant more formal shirts for work and special occasions.

OrangeSport, again thanks for that I'll check M & S out. I've heard quite a few people recommend them so maybe it's time I had a look.

Ben Cooper said:
Lose the beard, thanks for that I'll check T M Lewin as I've recently learnt how to tie Windsor knots :)

asharperrazor, sorry should have been clearer I meant more formal shirts for work and special occasions.

OrangeSport, again thanks for that I'll check M & S out. I've heard quite a few people recommend them so maybe it's time I had a look.

my favourite shirt is john lewis' own brand but i would say m&s italian style tailored range as well for a full cutaway collar and french cuff

Have a look at Charles Tyrwhitt, based in Jermyn St, London.They do slim fit and 'normal' and non iron too. They cost as much as M&S's best shirts if you buy them at the right times. Whenever I have to go my head office I always get complimented on mine - I have 8 or 9 of them now :)

Thomas Pink slim fit are really nice shirts, or were a while back when I last bought one; I'm not keen on the last few season's offerings mind you. And not cheap.

What about this:

url

Sorry!

Back
Top Bottom