Shaving Shack Bluebeards Revenge

Hardware. Edwin Jagger EJ89L

Brush. Semogue 1305

Lathering Method. Face

Latherability. This cream lathers incredibly well. Just a smidgeon will produce enough lather for two passes.

Shave Quality. A luxurious lather gave a very easy shave with no nicks or cuts. I haven't tried anything more upmarket than TOBS or Edwin Jagger creams but I prefer this cream over them. I presume it compares to the more expensive creams.

Scent. Describing scents is not my forte but to me it smells like a good quality men's shower gel. Fresh and clean.

Bottle. Not traditional in any way, it comes in a recyclable plastic tub with a logo and skull & crossbones motif on the metal lid.

Cost. £14.99/180ml

Would I Recommend? Absolutely! One aspect of this cream is its 'beard-reducing' properties which doesn't seem to be too impressive to the more traditional shavers. Personally I'm not too worried if my beard lessens slightly, and the extra chemicals in the cream don't bother me. I don't think Shaving Shack needed to add this USP as it is a great cream anyway, but I assume they are going for a specific market. Anyway, I urge anyone sitting on the fence to give this a try. :D

I'm using the sample you've sent me,I couldn't agree more mate,scent is very masculine and it lathers like a dream(I face lather),as they say little goes a long way,now I start to realize its not outragously overpriced,a lot of creams that size sell for a smiliar price(eg.coates tea tree)
thanks for the sample again buddy :hungrig

Slash kindly PIF'd me a sample of this and I must agree it's a good cream. The one I have smells citrusy, maybe grapefruit? But besides that it builds up quickly into a thick lather that feels good on the skin and is irritation free. You get plenty of lather from a little cream. I must say good stuff; as good as Trumpers though maybe not in the scent.

I too enjoyed your sample PC, thanks for sending it me :D

Great lather, awesome scent and up there with the best of them for sure.

Back
Top Bottom