Shaving related Christmas presents

One good thing about a shaving obsession is people have a good idea of what to get - when we were talking about Christmas presents, SWMBO simply said what shaving stuff do you want (so hopefully there will be a Kent BK8 and some DR Harris Arlington waiting for me...)

Of course, part of Christmas is the giving of presents too... so I'm trying to convert some of my family. I remember my dad used shaving cream years ago (think it was Palmolive) so I've got him a nice EJ pure badger and some TOBS Eton College and my bro an Omega boar and some Proraso (he's a fan of the menthol!).

What shaving stuff do folk out there expect/hope to get this festive season? Or is anyone else joining the cause to convert more folks to the better methods of shaving?

[attachment=0]

All wrapped up and ready to be opened for action.

And two deliveries from The Gentleman's Shop ordered on line from Texas and a parcel from Texas with an unknown American product.

Not aware of anything else! But I have two other daughters.

Attachments

• savon-a-raser-1-m.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 116
I'm expecting nothing shaving-related for Christmas... in fact beyond the odd pair of socks, I'm expecting nothing at all, since we as a family decided some time ago to stop giving each other presents.

Only the children of the family are in line for presents - the rest of us tend to acquire what we want, when we want it (or more often than not in my case talk myself out of wanting it in the first place :lol: ) rather than wait for some arbitrary date to get it as a "surprise" gift.

I have no idea I like the surprise.

I don’t really need anything so it is down to indulgences you would begrudge yourself. My family like my shaving obsession, I am one of the hardest people to buy for so they are just glad to get me something I will use.

like HM, me and the wife decided not to do xmas this year as we don't need\want owt.

i've just finished night-shifts and am working xmas day and she's downstairs wrapping presents,
so i say "who's that for?"
"you"
"were not doing xmas"
"i know but i've got you something to open on the day"
:shock: FFS
"i haven't got you anything"
"that's fine"
:? PANIC

so i've got tomorrow to run around like a fanny shopping

:lol: Wimmin, can't live with them, can't slap 'em about like the good old days

hando said:
like HM, me and the wife decided not to do xmas this year as we don't need\want owt.

i've just finished night-shifts and am working xmas day and she's downstairs wrapping presents,
so i say "who's that for?"
"you"
"were not doing xmas"
"i know but i've got you something to open on the day"
:shock: FFS
"i haven't got you anything"
"that's fine"
:? PANIC

:lol: Wimmin, can't live with them, can't slap 'em about like the good old days

They love to catch us out that way don't they , "As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; They kill us for their sport." .
You were'nt really in any danger though ,she was'nt going to run the risk of you not getting her a present.

ROTFL - funnily enough, I happen to know she's got me a book (at least something from my Amazon wishlist turned to "purchased" and I see a transaction for the same price on the CC) so I bought her one too that she mentioned ages ago and thinks I forgot, she doesn't know that I know that she's done it though so is expecting to have a moaning opportunity :lol:

hando said:

Is that code for "in a flap" :D

I asked my mum for some nice shaving soap. Pointed her in the direction of Crabtree and Evelyn and also TK Maxx because they had some Kent in when i was last in there.
My GF asked me what else i wanted, so i said shaving stuff to her, aftershave balm that she likes the smell of, or some pre shave stuff. No idea what she will have got me though.
Shes given it me today, so i dont have to squeeze it in my bag when i see her on xmas day, and theres quite a few things in there.
Shes sealed the bloody bag though, and put tissue paper on top of everything so i cant look in!

Although we're pretending not to know, the wife and I are swapping bottles of Chanel and Acqua di Parma. The transaction with my stepdaughter involves a bottle of some ghastly perfume which seems to appeal to her and, hopefully, a brush. If I receive anything else, I hope it's drinkable.

I reckon we should meet back here on Boxing Day or thereabouts and add photos/descriptions of anything we've received. Who will get the best stuff? :D And who will get the worst...? :cry:

I can just imagine opening up a can of shaving foam on xmas day now from my weird auntie, who once got my dad blank video tapes for xmas a few years ago!!! :roll: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom