Shaving mirrors

Does anyone have any advice/recommendations on shaving mirrors. I have seen some that attach to the window directly, but wonder how good they are - do they stay put. Also seen some stuff about anti fog mirrors, do they really work? I am sure my missus has an idea of what will be going in the bathroom in the new house, but thought I might get a head start on her.

Any advice gratefully received.

cheers

I've been using one from Wilko's (£5) for the past couple of months. It is screwed into the bathroom window and extends out when in use. It stays put, no rust so far. You could pay £50 elsewhere for exactly the same thing.

We got an adhesive heater pad for the back of the bathroom mirror when we redecorated and it works really well wired into the lighting circuit. Sadly I can't remember what make but there is always google.

I have one the same as the Wilkos one that I got from Ikea for less than a fiver. It's screwed onto the wall next to a large square mirror above the sink. Neither steam up but the bathroom is well ventilated.

I have a fogless shower mirror...I have found the beauty in shower shaving with my DE razors..endless supply of slick lather and moisture...with easy lathering (im being truthful)
only my str8 razors r used at the sink

B

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 86
Blades said:
I have a fogless shower mirror...I have found the beauty in shower shaving with my DE razors..endless supply of slick lather and moisture...with easy lathering (im being truthful)

B

Thank God you are not lying, heaven forbid. Still not sure what you are on about though.

umm..I was saying..a fogless mirror n DE shower shaving work well...for me anyways :shave

B

man of leisure said:
Blades said:

B

Thank God you are not lying, heaven forbid. Still not sure what you are on about though.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/38006200" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/38006200</a><!-- m --> and also do a Google search. It appears to be also available from Amazon and eBay.

frack-mirror-stainless-steel__26262_PE092247_S4.jpg

A good friend with the same initials as the Queen sent me this. I would recommend it as a no-nonsense mirror that looks the business. Soooo much cheaper than some of the shaving mirrors out there. I solve the steaming-up-while-showering problem by flinging an item of clothing over it before-hand. Usually pants.

Pig Cat said:
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/38006200 and also do a Google search. It appears to be also available from Amazon and eBay.

frack-mirror-stainless-steel__26262_PE092247_S4.jpg

A good friend with the same initials as the Queen sent me this. I would recommend it as a no-nonsense mirror that looks the business. Soooo much cheaper than some of the shaving mirrors out there. I solve the steaming-up-while-showering problem by flinging an item of clothing over it before-hand. Usually pants.

PC
I have this mirror from Ikea, works perfectly and cheap as. Regarding your anti-fog solution, I'll be brief(s), Y- you do this, doesn't it make for a shitty shave, razor skidding all over the place?

Yours

rangers62 said:
Regarding your anti-fog solution, I'll be brief(s), Y- you do this, doesn't it make for a shitty shave, razor skidding all over the place

That cracks me up butt it's a bit cheeky - thong you very much for jockeying for the title of 'punmeister'. :D

Arrowhead said:
I have one of those concertina type ones, now I come to think of it. Never use it though.

I bought mine as I thought the magnified side would be good for shaving. I mainly use it when straight shaving but in general the big mirror on the wall is more than adequate so the extending one doesn't get used much. If you don't have a mirror in place already the ikea one is the imho cheapest option but fit for purpose

Back
Top Bottom