Shaving Made Easy

I wasn't sure where to put this: Shaving Help? Straights? but I decided that it's interesting enough to drop off here. Some of you will have seen this before, it's a free pdf download of a shaving manual published in 1905, and well worth 2.5Mb of disk space.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.archive.org/download/shavingmadeeasyw0020th/shavingmadeeasyw0020th.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.archive.org/download/shaving ... 0020th.pdf</a><!-- m -->

The style is pleasantly dated, and there's a few things in the text to surprise and confound. I particularly recommend the prophetic comments on the future of the safety razor, and I hope Sir Prize will be pleased to see pictures of a man suitably attired for shaving.

Yes - I have seen that - indeed I have downloaded it.
Full of some good and some quirky advice but I must disagree with the author's concept of suitable shaving attire.
So far as I am concerned the only suitable shaving apparel - if any - is a towel around one's waist.

SirPrize said:
Full of some good and some quirky advice but I must disagree with the author's concept of suitable shaving attire.
So far as I am concerned the only suitable shaving apparel - if any - is a towel around one's waist.

Is that a hot towel applied before shaving said area?

And then good bracing a/s splash

:shock:

Rev-O said:
SirPrize said:

Is that a hot towel applied before shaving said area?

And then good bracing a/s splash

:shock:
No - I am no disciple of Leopold, Ritter von Sacher-Masoch even though I do closet myself in the bathroom each morning with an array of bizarre and arcane instruments and then emerge later with a satisfied grin on my face.

Back
Top Bottom