Shaving As Portrayed in Films & on TV.

Evening, All.
Spotted a GEM razor being shown on TV last night.
Talking Pictures TV, Hammer's The Quatermass Xperiment.
Jack Warner shaving at home, called to the phone mid shave.
My screencaps are a bit iffy, it's much more recogniseable onscreen.
Was going to post them, but not sure if that'd infringe copyrights, etc.
Given the shaving methods & razors shown in modern telly ads,
it always gives me a thrill to see something real/istic onscreen.
What do you guys think? Can a Riddick really shave his head like that
with engine oil & shrapnel?! Do Reagan & Carter rush around with their
faces covered in bits of bloody loo roll?

Last edited:
I suppose I can always take them down....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220413-185821_kindlephoto-79993843.png
    Screenshot_20220413-185821_kindlephoto-79993843.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20220413-185816_kindlephoto-79954537.png
    Screenshot_20220413-185816_kindlephoto-79954537.png
    212.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20220413-185808_kindlephoto-79904637.png
    Screenshot_20220413-185808_kindlephoto-79904637.png
    168.1 KB · Views: 10
James Bond used a Gillette Slim in Goldfinger, which is partly why I snapped up the one on here as it was that model I believe. (although mostly cos it shaves so well, I'm not really a bona fide collector or film buff...)

Can't remember which, but in one of the James Bond books Felix Lighter persuades James to ditch his Gillette and get a better made razor from Hoffritz of New York. The model chosen was an open-comb. Although branded Hoffritz, was actually made by Merkur in Germany.
I have one and it is indeed a very fine razor.

I have noticed that anyone shaving in a film/TV programme is nearly always interrupted and doesn't finish their shave. We then see them later on, completely clean-shaven. As Paul Daniels would have said, "that's magic".

I have also noticed that shaving, when it isn't interrupted, only takes a few strokes of the razor and a few minutes to completely shave. I wish that I could shave as quickly and as effortlessly as that...

I have noticed that anyone shaving in a film/TV programme is nearly always interrupted and doesn't finish their shave. We then see them later on, completely clean-shaven. As Paul Daniels would have said, "that's magic".

I have also noticed that shaving, when it isn't interrupted, only takes a few strokes of the razor and a few minutes to completely shave. I wish that I could shave as quickly and as effortlessly as that...

Or in any advert, the razor starts at the right ear and goes round the chin to left ear, round the back of the neck, down the back and the left thigh, up the right thigh across the public area and a quick sweep up the chin. All with crap lubricating soap. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

James Bond used a Gillette Slim in Goldfinger, which is partly why I snapped up the one on here as it was that model I believe. (although mostly cos it shaves so well, I'm not really a bona fide collector or film buff...)

That's why I have a slim. Because I am as old as a 64 slim that makes me fecking 68 years old. Bugger.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom