Shaving @ airport

I guess everyone here knows you can't bring blades onto the plane on a carry-on. Does anyone know about the restrictions on liquids - 100ml of balms as long as it is in a visible container? But what about soaps, some are hard and others creamy - should I be worried about getting a soap through. And does anyone have tips for getting a travel sized amount of a favourite soap scraped from a full-size bar. How do you travel without seperation anxiety?

Well, I think the Tabac ones do say 'Remove cap and push up bottom'.

It doesn't really, I just adapted that from another joke

Ian

Take a shaving stick, like say a Palmolive to the kitchen, chop it in to quarters... take a quarter with you and keep 3 for the next 3 times...

I've not been stopped yet with anything that doesn't pour - basically it seems that if you can pop your finger in it to the bottom with no pressure it's a liquid - however I'm aware of at least one person having a 99% full bottle of shaving oil removed from his person because the container didn't say it was 100ml container. You have to think to the level of the people that operate the policy on the ground - not whether what you're doing is entirely lawful (being in the right doesn't help when you're out the back with the arm-length gauntlet is being snapped on).

My advice - take the stuff you'd feel least bad about losing (I write this as one who has lost 2 razors from checked in baggage at Frankfurt Airport on 2 separate occasions).

IanM said:
Well, I think the Tabac ones do say 'Remove cap and push up bottom'.

It doesn't really, I just adapted that from another joke

Ian

Was it the Antony Worrall-Thompson sausages one?

On pack, next to Mr. Worrall-Thompson's likeness, holding a sausage on some cutlery - the classic words "Prick with a fork". Never found the instructions yet.

hunnymonster said:
Why not? What are you going to do with it? Adjust someone to death?

Logic says you are correct but I have concerns that a jobsworth security guard will repeat the mantra "razors not allowed in hand luggage" even though there will be no cutting edges.

Always beats me that I am allowed to buy a glass bottle in duty free which could easily be used as a weapon - go figure!

So I guess I should pack something that I won't mind parting with. But my acquisition disorder is only for creams and soaps so I only have one razor and I really would be bothered losing it. However I have a stash of gillette and wilkinson multi-bade systems that I accumulated before I made the switch - could be a chance to get some value out of them.
I have a tube of Zirh, I wonder would that get through. It is one of those metallic tubes same as Cade ASB. Does the liquid/cream need to be in a see-through container, I wonder? What about a puck of Cade, should get thru, right?

'Razor blades (razors that have the blade set into a plastic moulding are allowed, but razors that can be opened and the razor blade removed are prohibited)'

Back
Top Bottom