Shaving Acquisitions February

Bugger made it worse.

Edit : tried to fix fuck up and everything disappeared, Soz. Pretend nothing happened. :)

Last edited:
This competition closing date

Thank you! That is why I changed my profile pic/avatar thing
If it's any comfort, I have a shit load of blades as well, I was keeping the good ones and using the not so good, then realised I would probably be dead by the time I got to the good. So I now use the best and family can throw out the crap.(y):)

Edit: this is a fix for my fuck up. Sorry.

If it's any comfort, I have a shit load of blades as well, I was keeping the good ones and using the not so good, then realised I would probably be dead by the time I got to the good. So I now use the best and family can throw out the crap.(y):)

Edit: this is a fix for my fuck up. Sorry.
No idea what you did but I like your reasoning.
These were the seller's granddad's.
He worked there 39 years and was presented with a sword when he retired!

That's very true about the space.
The box was surprisingly small for something with over 750 blades in. Although they were packed in like sardines with nothing to protect them from sorting office football matches... View attachment 100151
It's a shame that some people don't pack goods with a gorilla of a post person in mind, I always pack for the worst case scenario as far as RM are concerned!!! It's a shame that I have to go to such lengths but some postal workers are not happy with their job and take it out on your packages!
I hope the damage was slight.

Paul.

It's a shame that some people don't pack goods with a gorilla of a post person in mind, I always pack for the worst case scenario as far as RM are concerned!!! It's a shame that I have to go to such lengths but some postal workers are not happy with their job and take it out on your packages!
I hope the damage was slight.

Paul.
A handful of the blade cases had small cracks at the edges. They may have had this before postage as some of the cellophane-wrapped blade packs had some dust in them where the wrapping has a slight tear or has perished a little.
Overall they've been stored and delivered well.
All the unwrapped blade packs had the full amount of blades in (I went through them all) except a pack of blue and yellow 'Speciale' (not pictured) which had 11 of the stated 12 blades. The colour scheme reminds me of the Wilkinson Economie and these did have French writing on them.
I only picked up one pack each of Boots and London Bridge to give them a go. I may be back to buy more of those ones if they're good (but all the English Wilkies should now be gone). They (Economie, Boots and LB) almost certainly were made at the same factory but possibly to different standards or with different processes.

I'd have been gutted if that Popular no. 45 I picked up a few weeks back had had its case damaged as it is Bakelite. It is in virtually mint condition with the tiniest hairline scratches on the top and is 83/84 years old.

Back
Top Bottom