Shave of the Day. W/C Saturday 9th October 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday 2010-10-15.

Another terrible working week is (fortunately) reaching an end.

Aristocrat Jr. & Wilkinson Sword Classic (#3) > Omega 31064 & Florena > alum
> Floid Italian Blue & Nivea Sensitive after shave cream > Hugo Boss No. 1 Eau de Toilette

SOTD_15Oct003.jpg

- I really need to resolve this as it's just getting me nowhere. I am very unhappy here and have valid reasons to believe that it is more related to what I actually do rather than the location, culture and/or the conditions under which I am here.
- Yes, you do look like 47 (nothing wrong with that of course), and it was good to see that pic from the Turkish barber shop. I've actually never had a shave in a barber shop, have to give it a try somewhere, sometime...
- A nice shave today, 7 deg. C outside but the Floid did its refreshing job well. Face lather with the Omega boar and the £1 Florena, very nice indeed. The Aristocrat Jr. is a lovely shaver, now I'm getting used to the 72gr. of its weight (my optimum weight for a razor is around 55gr.) This blade is pretty forgiving, and this is another reason why I like it.
- I continue to use alum and Proraso pre/post, they both help to a good extent.

Have a nice day chaps.

Andy: :lol: Arko lathers like mad, no wonder _every_ barber here in Turkey use it.
Friday morning
Pre: Shower (hot water was finished)
Razor: Thomas Turner´s Everlasting
Brush: Ikon 24 mm chubby silvertip
Soap:Nannys Ice & Slice
AS cologne: Fonex malibu
Paddle: Neil Miller
Result: Wow

These holiday shaves are great :D. All the time in the world and I got very, very clean today. Also used a Derby Samuraj for the head.
50280d1287126394-sun-october-10th-sat-october-16th-picture-066.jpg

Friday:

Hot towel
Palmolive stick
New Forest 2201
Merkur Futur
Iridium blade
Pecksniffs Citrus ASB
Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes cologne

Another excellent shave from the Futur/Iridium combo, so I've got 100 on the way from Paul. I'll try the blade for a third day tomorrow - three shaves is normally the limit for me, even with a Feather. The Palmolive produces a really good lather - thick and slick, and gives a really good shave. I found a small grater in a kitchenware shop, so I just grate some into a bowl (actually a cappuccino cup, which is just the right size), cover with a small amount of boiling water and leave for a while before whipping up a lather. Works for me.

10c down here in the Deep South, but dry, so I'm off for a walk in the New Forest. Have a good day, chaps.

Regards

Ian

Friday

Merkur 37c
Gillette Bleue Extra (3)
Simpsons Wee Scot
Godrej Shaving Round

Proraso AS
Proraso ASB

This morning I used the Godrej Shaving Round (many thanks Damian! :) ) with the Scottie and face lathered - and what a treat! The brush worked perfectly with the small Godrej cake and produced a lot of good quality, 'cushioning' lather. The shave itself was very good (les Bleue are so bloody inconsistant) and my face felt very smooth and remarkably clean. However there was no discernable scent from the soap; how very odd? Is it the soap or my sense of smell?

I intend to use it again very soon, probably Sunday with another blade, just to make sure that this wasn't a fluke.

The Proraso twins were as you'd expect, first class.

An excellent shave.
:shave

EJ89L + Tiger (1)
Beejay Silvertip + Body Shop Original
Witch Hazel
Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT

I binned my last sample blade (Treet) after 4 shaves. With the benefit of this blade for comparison, I should have binned it after the first. The Tiger felt 'Feathers sharp' and gave a smooth shave with no effort or snagging. It will surprise me if it doesn't last at least half a dozen 3 pass shaves as well. Wish I had more of them (I only have this one sample).

Friday

HD Rocket
Gillette super thin
bodyshop maca root shaving cream
New forest 2211
alum
Alcolado

The brush is superb Peter 11/10 ;) The Rocket (thanks again Konstantinos) is fantastic. I have a terrible head cold and this shave made me feel better.

Damian

Good afternoon,

Friday

Simple face wash
Feather and Futur
Tabac soap
Omega Boar brush
Alum
Boots moisturiser
Hugo Boss Hugo EDT

The Tabac scent is nice for a change, it's a warm and comforting scent. If anyone is having trouble making lather from soap, then I recommend the Tabac.

A nick on my adam's apple, sorted ny the alum.

Thanks.

Friday

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (I4)
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Sharp Edge
Brush: New Forest
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
After Shave Balm: Handmade Naturals: Organic calendula & aloe after-shave balm.

SOTD-151010.jpg

Friday, 10-15-10.

Soap from Alepo - Semogue 830 - Gillette Red Tip - Polsilver #1 - Pre PREP - Cella shaving soap - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Physical + ASB 444.

Afeitado15-10-10001.jpg

I redid the Double Arrow up to 30K Pro after noticing I missed a few spots previously. I think I got a little overzealous, since by the end of the WTG, the edge was starting to feel very sharp....

I also tried using cold water on the blade, thinking this may help keep the edge from expanding. I also didn't do a full prep. Overall, it was a pretty crappy shave - no cuts or irritation, though.......Oh well, you can't win them all :| At least I was clean shaven after a whole week, and I smelled nice.

Brush: Penworks
Shaving Cream: Olivia's Beausoleil
After Shave Lotion" Olivia's Beausoleil
Razor: Double Arrow

Image0082.jpg

Friday, 10.15.10

Aura Glow
Mitchell's Wool Fat
New Forest 2201 Two-Band Super
Krusius Bros. Eaton 86 11/16ths
SRD Premium I Strop ... 45 linen/90 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm Sensitive
Spanish Floïd Suave

Today's shave was sublime!
The New Forest brush reminds me of a Jack Russel Terrier, a big dog with the heart of a lion in a small package! Great performance from this little brush... favorable in comparison to my Simpson's Ehsan.
I now have so many Persian Jar shaped brushes that I feel like a Sultan... Hence today's theme.. "The Sultans of Swing..." Turn up your speakers and enjoy!

IMG_2201.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKovMuzox3Y[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom