AS: Superior 70 Bayrum, AII Osage

SPM_A1240.jpg

Thursday

AoS pure badger
Vision 2000 / Gillette Bleue Extra (3)
Cella
AoS alum
Speick AS & Intensive creme

- Well, yes, Americans always use the z's instead of s's (e.g. moisturizer). They use other things as well (e.g. check instead of cheque, etc.)
- First time on the Speick creme, which is supposed to be going at a reduced price to almost every vendor that stocks it around. Pretty ok, and on the 'heavy' side, may I say.
- The Hermit makes good executive summaries.
- Fine lather from the Cella.

IMG_0882.jpg

Next: A shave at the JW Marriott Shanghai.

Thursday

EJ Chatsworth
WS Classic (2)
Neo Finest 2-Band
SWK Scuttle
Erasmic (Tallow stick grated - Thanks Jeltz)
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea ASB
Canoe Cologne

The Erasmic smells similar to Irisch Moos to my nose, not the same, but similar. I had a little issue creating stable lather, got a ton of it which turned airy for the 2nd pass. However, it was my first time using it and so there could be a whole host of things i haven't quite got right - water ratio, heat of scuttle etc.
The shave itself was a bit pully (like yesterday) but it's given a DFS with no nicks or weepers. These blades are something of a quandry...!

Have a good day gents.

Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: James Bingham Sheffield (a lovely and total restore by Neil Miller)
Brus: 24 mm custom silvertip with jade handle
Soap: Montsavone
Pre: Proraso (as allways)
AS: Lacoste Challenge

Wow! That was a nice one, this little shaver is Sharp (thanks Neil!!) - the stubble whent: "pop pop pop pop" when I very slowly moved it over the face. Very nice! Some nicks though, but I didn´t notice them until I was finnished. And I know why it happened ... I forgot to take out the Proraso gel :eek: (and tube), but I noticed it to late. Now it´s proved, I will cut myself if I don´t take out the Proraso gel :lol: :roll:
43443d1275550917-sotd-sun-may-30th-sat-june-05th-snb11782.jpg

Thursday

Edwin Jagger DE89 & Wilkinson Sword blade (German)
Vulfix 2235
Crabtree and Evelyn Nomad Soap
Alum
Old Spice Whitewater AS

2 Days growth, and a nice close shave from the blade that keeps giving lost count of how many shaves its done so far. No pulling or roughness this blade seems to do well for me, I wonder how many more shaves before it gives up the ghost? I'm thinking German Wilkinsons are going to be my "go to" blade.

Wednesday

EJ DE87
Gillette Platinum
Commodore X1
Palmolive stick
RazorRock alum
Aquatonic
RSC Balm

Lovely shave. I skipped a day on tuesday so had two days stubble, the Platinum on it's 2nd day just sliced through it as though it wasn't there. Ended up doing 3 passes including ATG on my neck which is a rarity but with the day off it had totally recovered from the weekends butchery so I had no problems at all with it. Happy days!

Thursday

MWF wash
Slim (4) & Astra (1)
Tabac & 404 Mix
Alum
Tabac

bit of a tentative shave today after yesterdays bloodfest. went for a single pass SAS with a little cross action on the neck, with no problems, but not willing to go for the complete second pass. Alum said - yes ok, followed by buckets of AS. I smell better than the flowers :D

Thursday

Futur
Iridium
EJ Best Badger
Castle Forbes Pre-Shave
Castle Forbes Lavender Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Excellent.

Ian

Thursday

Merkur 39C Sledgehammer
NOS Gillette Super Silver (3)
Omega Pro #49
Palmolive Soap
Nivea Cool KIck ASB
Ivory Club AS/Old Spice EDC mix

TTFN

Tony

pbroddi said:
<snipped>
St James "Founder's Reserve" S/C with cedarwood & clarysage
<snipped>
:cool:

Greetings, pbroddi,

For the first time I'm aware of, I saw the St James' Cedarwood & Clarysage, stuff the other week; in Waitrose. As that chain is for posher, more well-heeled folk than I, I rarely get around to visiting the local one ...

• Unless I can't get my Patum Peperium from my more usual sources, that is. [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

I digress - back to the St James' soap:

I haven't seen much about its performance/scent/value for money/etc.... or even different recipes/scents/varieties of it.

So, I shall be presumptuous enough to ask ...
                • Have you used it much in the past? How do you rate it?[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

"back to the St James' soap:

I haven't seen much about its performance/scent/value for money/etc....

How do you rate it?"

Firstly, it's a cream. I managed to score some quite cheaply in TKMaxx (6 quid). It's got a kind of herby, citrusy-type scent, which I really like a lot. As for performance, it's pretty much up there with my favourite TOBS sensitive for slickness (perhaps a bit slicker) and creates oodles and oodles of thick, cushiony lather. Leaves my skin feeling supple and soft. I'm very impressed! Went back to TK's to see if they had any more, but alas, they'd sold out! :(

Definitely a "must try" in my opinion.

Thursday

EJ Bull Mastiff
Treet Platinum (1)
Proraso Pre
Neo Custom Finest 2 band
MWF
Alum
Aloe Vera Gel

Should have stuck with a blade I know. Got a good thick lather from the MWF, really loaded the brush this time. Some major irritation though, hence the Aloe comes out.
Had worse, but cannot remember when :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom