Shave of the Day W/C Saturday 22nd May 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fido said:
Saturday

The Rooney Finest is beginning to get better and better. It's deceptive - it feels relatively soft and floppy but performs as though it has adequate backbone . It's not a good idea to use a china mug to soak your brush. I knocked mine against the bowl and took a chunk out of it. Plastic from now on. The Coates is excellent and my Floris Elite is great for a summer day. Chatsworth/Swede completed the line up.

5-5.jpg

Hi Fido ! That's not a Chatsworth in your photo..is it ? Lovely weekend so far isn't it ? :D

Slow Shaving said:
Saturday 05-22-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue Excelsior LE09 - Guillette Sheraton - Astra Superior Platinum #2 - TOBS Avocado shaving cream - Alum block - Toners Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASL Grey Flannel.

Afeitado22-05-10001.jpg

Hi Slow ! That's a very nice razor you have there, love the "open combey" looking bit on top! Is that spoon for dumping creamy "deposits" in the middle of your brush by the way? and is that handle a naked lady-or do I need a stronger prescription? :D

spandexcodpiece said:
Fido said:
Saturday

The Rooney Finest is beginning to get better and better. It's deceptive - it feels relatively soft and floppy but performs as though it has adequate backbone . It's not a good idea to use a china mug to soak your brush. I knocked mine against the bowl and took a chunk out of it. Plastic from now on. The Coates is excellent and my Floris Elite is great for a summer day. Chatsworth/Swede completed the line up.

5-5.jpg

Hi Fido ! That's not a Chatsworth in your photo..is it ? Lovely weekend so far isn't it ? :D

Must be the heat! Merkur 38c/Swede.

It's reassuring to know that at least one person reads these things.

Holiday shave this morning with travel kit:

Feather travel razor
Feather blade (1)
Palmolive stick
Men-U boar
Alum

Good close shave with this razor - although I do miss the weight of the Futur.

Took a lump out of my nuckles on the razor whilst rinsing my face - the shape of the sink made the razor slide to the middle and SLICE :eek:

Spent the day with family and kids at Camden Town - damn hot day!

Sunday
Feather AC with Professional blade
Semogue 1305 brush
Old Spice shaving soap
Old Spice aftershave

Sunday 05-23-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue 2000 - Edwin Jagger DE89L - Red Personna #1 - Irisch Moos stick - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASL Irisch Moos.

Afeitado23-05-10.jpg

Sunday

Merkur 1904 OC
Personna Israeli (2)
Vulfix 404 Boadger
Proraso Soap
Excite AS with added menthol

Nice :shave

TTFN

Tony

Saturday
Mühle R89
Shave shack Israeli Blade (1)
Pure Badger
Trumpers Coconut cream
Water rinse with AS mix
Trumpers Coral Skin Food (pre and post shave)
Trumpers Moistieriser

Sunday
Mühle R89
Shave shack Israeli Blade (2)
Pure Badger
Nanny's Citrus soap
Alum
Coral Skin Food
Moisteriser

Both day I think I can claim dfs/bbs. 3 passes plus touch ups. Also I would point out that it was greater than 24hours between each shave (12 midday friday, 2pm Sat, 5pm Sun), which probably makes quite a big difference. No shave tomorrow.

DE87(Second time out)// Iridium, Russian,(by courtesy of SJR).
Duke 3 Brush(First time out).
Trumpers Coconut Cream,( purchased from the above member).
S/less Steel Balti Dish.
Alum// Thayers W.Hazel// Dr Henks incredible ASB (Bay Rum with a Twist ).

Prep: Warm Bath, Head & Shoulders on face & head, Warm Rinse, Hot Flannel.

Good Evening One and All !!

Real lazy one today. But very serious about shave! 3 passes,with,across,against. Lots of touching up in chin area,(took the risk) voila ! - DFS ! Thank goodness for Dr Henk and his great ASB, particularly in the chin area! Used a completely new combo of gear today with high hopes for a good result, and was not disappointed . :D

Fido said:
spandexcodpiece said:
Fido said:
Saturday

5-5.jpg

Must be the heat! Merkur 38c/Swede.

It's reassuring to know that at least one person reads these things.

Yep! I read every one, every day, sad but true. But I find that I learn such a lot in the process, and all human life is there! :D :shave

Hey Fido, you still up by any chance? Did you bid on the Floris on Ebay today? It was the soap in a bowl, rather nice. I only ask because I noticed the ASB in your line-up on your photo for today! I bid, and was fortunate enough to win it for £12.00 + £4.00 p&p. Not too bad I thought, since it retails at £27.00 normally!

spandex.. :D

Arrowhead said:
Saturday

Neo's BBBB
Dovo 1516

TOC Aromatherapy soap
Pitralon classic a/s

Oh Arrow, you're such a minimalist - compared to most! ...and c'mon, lets hear it! I can work out 3 of the B's, but what the hell is the fourth one ? :D

Slow Shaving said:
Sunday 05-23-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue 2000 - Edwin Jagger DE89L - Red Personna #1 - Irisch Moos stick - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASL Irisch Moos.

Afeitado23-05-10.jpg

Hi Slow!

I would like to be able to get hold of some Sir Irisch Moos Soap Stick and ASB. I notice that you use this gear, and was wondering if you could tell me where I can get it please?

Cheers m'dear,

spandex.. :)

Sunday

Prep: Hot Shower
Apparatus: USA Special, Edwin Jagger DE89 with German Wilkinson Sword Blade - for tidy up
Brush: Vulfix 2235 Super Badger
Soap: Erasmic Shavebowl soap

5th Str8 shave tonight and my stropping technique must have improved as it was much smoother than the 4th. Working out what works and how to handle the below jaw line area, and gradually developing muscle memory.

The tidy up was needed but not as much as previously, found it easier to maintain a good angle but the left hand work still felt weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom