Shave of the day w/c Saturday 17th October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Time to relax

Merkur 38C Gillette Super Thin and Mach 3
Semogue 1305 for application of Warm Spice soap as a pre shave (noting it has castor,olive,coconut and palm oils)
Kent BK8 for Trumpers GFT cream
Alum
Tabac A/S balm

My Hungerford barber used a Mach 3 to finish off sensitive areas. I used it for a gentle 4th pass all over as I had plenty of lather. Will do that again. It felt good.

Perhaps the pre shave is a waste of time. But I thoroughly enjoyed the excuse for playing with the 1305.

Even in retirement, I love weekends.

Re: SHAVE OF THE DAY W/C SAT 17 OCTOBER

Nice sunny saturday morning here in Flanders:

Mühle Sandalwood soap
Simpsons chubby 1 best
Mühle R 89
alum
C&E sandalwood balm

Saturday

Futur
Gillette 'Swede'
Simpson's Best Badger Special
Palmolive Shave Stick
Tabac a/s

Before this morning's shave, I asked Mrs.M "What do you want me to smell like today?". Her response surprised me, as I have quite a selection of a/s, and also colognes from various houses, none of which she dislikes.

"Tabac" came the reply.

Ian

well gentlemen after getting my single edge gem blades in the post this morning i plucked up the courage to try my 1950's Ever-Ready streamline.

Well apart from the technique being different it became one of the most pleasurable shaves i have had in many a year :eek: ,

I started off with my usual shower while soaking my old bedraggled wilkinson sword boar brush, I then prepped my aged face with good hot water and my trusty face cloth, I then Made my lather from mitchell's wool fat,

It was a 3 pass shave and it ended up being the closest thing to a BBS that i have had for a very long time.

If you read this one Fido i Urge you to try yours.

I think my problem is the blades I bought. Look at the photo.Would you use a blade on your face which is claimed to be ideal for everything but shaving? Made by Ever Ready!

Attachments

• DSC_1377.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 300

I think my problem is the blades I bought. Look at the photo.Would you use a blade on your face which is claimed to be ideal for everything but shaving? Made by Ever Ready!

Try connaught shaving and get some gems, They put a smile on my face :)

Sunday

Futur
Gillette 'Swede'
Simpson's Best Badger Special
Kent Soap (MWF)
Old Spice a/s

A very nice and leisurely shave.

Ian

Sunday morning

Mergress Adjustable set on 3 with Tesco Personna
Simpson Chubby 1 Best
T&H Luxury Shave Soap
Trumpers Lime Skin Food (post shave)
Hot Shower
Nivea Extra Comfort Shave Balm
Adidas Dynamic Pulse Aftershave

Lovely !!! Chubby 1 is still not lathering enough up for three passes - but hey, it's not such a problem going back to the soap and reloading really.

I decided to knock regular SOTD posts on the head, because I rarely change anything. However, since I have a new brush to play with, here's yesterday's:

Best badger brush from Chris
Slim
Wilkinson UK

Tabac
Taylors sandalwood aftershave splash

There's a pic of the brush here:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=712" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=712</a><!-- l -->
though it's now starting to "bloom" quite a bit. It's a huge upgrade from the big fluffy Omega 49 pro inasmuch as it produces more lather in less time, and probably eats rather more soap too. At any rate I had enough lather for four passes and a spot of tidying up in short order, so this was a more thorough shave than my usual. Result: quite close to a billiard ball, actually, and a very enjoyable shave. I've promised Chris that I'll review the brush shortly, but the preçis version is "don't hesitate: support your local brushmaker".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom