IanM said:
Tuesday

Merkur 39C Slanthammer
Iridium
EJ Best Badger
Cella
D.R. Harris Pink a/s
Trumper's Bay Rum Cologne

Apart from the blade, I can't see this changing for a while.

Ian

The Trumpers Bay Rum certainly has balls doesn't it.

Yes is does. It keeps clearing my nostrils.

Ian

Tuesday

Merkur 39C Sledgehammer
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge
Vulfix 404 Boadger
Da Fat
Alum
Witch Hazel
L'Oréal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating Balm
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve AS

The Gillette yellow in this razor makes it sing, beautiful shave :shave , BBS.

Have a jolly spiffing day Gents.

TTFN Tony

Tuesday

After the Rooney Finest and High Mountain White Plisson came the Simpson Astor Super Two Band. This comes into its own with soaps but did a great job on the T&H Rose cream. Noticed a difference between the red personnas and crystal platinum which I used today. Not quite as sharp, but left me more comfortable and still with a very close shave.

4-3.jpg

Tuesday

Mühle R89
Tesco Israeli blade (1) *
Pure badger brush
GFT Coconut cream
GFT Coral Skin food
GFT Moisteriser

DFS/BBS shave. I have been using Shaving Shack Israeli blades for some time and really like those. I noticed tesco have a similar blade/packaging so I thought I'd try it. I'm convinced it's the same blade and slightly cheaper than shave shack. At least it's easy to stock up on fresh supplies.

N_Architect said:
How do you find the GFT Coconut cream, NatJag? Is it that good as occasionally reported?

I really like it. It was the first cream I purchased and lucky for me a good one as it got me firmly fixed into wet shaving. Some on B&B report coconut as the best GFT cream. I think it has the edge on GFT sandlewood (which I prefer the smell of) which seems to dry a little. I prefer the coconut to any of the T&H sample pack I tried. However, some do suggest that you need to get to know your creams and soaps to see how they perform properly. My coconut supply has almost run out, I'm not sure whether to replace it, or get something different (like GFT). It is a good performer that I can rely on. I've yet to try any TOBS cream to compare against.

Hope that helps a little.

Yes, it does. Thanks.

I only have three ToBS but no GFT, so I was wondering. But still, I am getting to know what I have and to do that well it takes some time and experimentation.

Tuesday

Merkur HD 34c (bought from member jl.)
Feather (2nd use)
Henk's "Bay Rum With A Twist" cream
Kent BK4
Boots Witch hazel
Boots Essentials AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

34c is lovely and weighty, but less aggressive than the 23c & the Futur in my opinion. Great shave though.

5th shave since starting on last Friday

Merkur 34C
Persona(2)
Vulfix 404
Palmolive cream
Alum
Nivea Revitalising Duble Balm
D R Harris Sandalwood

It just gets better!!!

Tuesday:

EJ DE89L
Iridium Super Stainless .... 2nd time with this blade
TOBS Sandalwood Soap
Omega 10049 Boar Brush
Thayers Witch Hazel (Peach Scented)
Floid Blue AS
Diesel: Only The Brave AS Cologne

Three passes and a DFS was had. No irritation at all !!!

Tueday

Veleiro Pre-Shave Soap
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Semogue 1305 brush
Bartmann 6/8" Straight Razor
Old Spice After Shave Splash
444 After Shave Balm
sdc11590.jpg

Wednesday

Merkur 39C Slanthammer
Gillette 7O'Clock Sharp Edge
EJ Best Badger
Cella
D.R. Harris Pink a/s
Trumper's Bay Rum Cologne

Yesterday, the Iridium was on it's last shave, so today (inspired by Tony) I popped a 7O'Clock in the Slant. WOW! What a killer combination. I've always rated the 7O'Clocks, but seemed to have neglected them lately. Sublime shave.

The Cella is proving to be quite a revelation. Lathering is as easy and as quick as a cream, and it works wonderfully well. It loses marks for the scent - which I neither like nor dislike, but it's so good that I'm considering ordreing a 1kg block from Connaught.

Ian

Wednesday

Edwin Jagger Chatsworth
Gillette 7O'Clock Sharp Edge [x3]
Omega Pro 49 Brush
Real Shaving Co. Professional Formula Cream
Trumper's Skin Food - Coral
Real Shaving Co. Professional Formula Soothing AS Balm
Taylor's No.74 Limes AS

I wasn't much of a fan of the 7 O'Clock blades in other razors, but with the Chatsworth they perform very well. In fact, the Chatsworth has become my number one razor, as it gives me the most consistent shave day to day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom