Shave of the Day, w/c Saturday 13th March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday

Chatsworth/Crystal Platinum
Chubby 2 Best
Tabac soap in ceramic bowl
DR Harris A?S Milk

A few eyebrows were raised at Robert's lather painting technique shown in this video.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/acatalog/How-to-shave.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gentlemans-shop.com/acatalog ... shave.html</a><!-- m -->

I did have a circular scrub with the Chubby before first pass. But quickly switched to the rapid too and fro Robert style for the rest of the shave. Very effective and very kind to the skin.

Tuesday

Schick Injector Adjustable
Schick Platinum Blade
Simpson's Best Badger Special
Penhaligon's English Fern Shaving Soap
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

I like Pig Cat's Bubis

Ian

Tuesday

Edwin Jagger DE87
BIC Chrome Platinum (2)
Omega 80056 Boar
Culmak Soap/Erasmic Cream (uberlather :shave )
Alum
Witch Hazel (with menthol)
One Planet AB
Aquatonic AS

Started the shave with the shavette but the blade was dragging, couldn't be bothered to change the blade so continued with the EJ87 with the uberlather (fantastic stuff) as the norm a DFS was had, will continue with the shavette tomorrow with a new blade.

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Monday night

DE89L
Men U Cheapie brush!
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
T & H Lavender
Alum
T & H Limes balm

WTG, XTG, ATG & touch ups - Dont think i like the lavender cream from T & H and i didnt enjoy the Gillette blade..slightly sore shave!

Tuesday night

DE89L
Men U Cheapie brush
Astra blade
T & H 1805 cream
1805 ASB

WTG, XTG, ATG & touch ups - 1805 is better cream for me and the astra blade (although brand new) was a much better blade. I am not going to bother with the Alum for a while as it makes my face feel really tight, DFS tonight!

Tuesday evening.

Prep: Wash face with glycerin soap, lather face massage, hot towel.
Soap: Pre de Provence.
Brush: Simpson Colonel Super.
Razor: 6/8ths Thiers Issard 69.
AS: Thayers Witch Hazel followed by Proraso Splash & Balm.

Plain Jane razor, but she shaves well.

TI69SOTD.jpg

Wednesday

Schick Injector Adjustable
Schick Platinum Blade
Simpson's Best Badger Special
Erasmic Shave Stick (tallow, of course)
Proraso a/s splash (brrrrrr!)

Ian

Wednesday

Hot towel,
Body Shop Macca root,
Grosvenor 404 mix,
EJ DE87,
Shark blade,
Alum block,
EJ Sea Buckthorn,,lovely stuff!

Another fine shave :)
beejay

Wednesday
Mühle R89
Shave Shack Israeli Blade (4)
Pure Badger Brush
GFT Coconut
Cold water with AS mix rinse
Coral/Moisteriser

CCS+. I think I was pushing a 4th day with the Israeli Blade, got to try these thing though. Also used Coral skin food prior to final ATG pass which seems to work.

Wednesday

Futur (1.5)
Iridium (3)
Mühle Pure badger
Taylors Lemon & Lime Cream
Scuttle
Alum
Trumpers Limes Skinfood
Trimaran AS
Daniel Hechter ASB
DSC_0002.jpg

Nice shave, CCS/DFS.

Have a good day...

Wednesday
Bic Sensitive
Semogue 1305
Palmolive Stick

This Bic is into its second week of shaves now (mind you, I only do one pass).

The Semogue has started to lose some paint.

Palmolive is simply the best shaving soap on the whole damn planet.

(I forgot to post this yesterday, so forgive the step back a day here!)

Tues

Milady Decolettee (1921-1928 British set)
Shaving Shack Israeli blade
Palmolive soap stick
Shaving Shack value bristle brush
Body Shop White Musk For Men AS Balm

I was away overnight on business, so thought I'd try the Milady as a travel razor as it's your standard open-comb head on a very short handle. It was brilliant! Just a stray hair or two away from BBS with very little effort, zero burns & zero nicks. The wee cheap brush I started out with in Dec was used as there'd be no worries if I damaged or lost it - it did a sterling job too. I'm really pleased with the above kit as a good travel shaving set-up.

Wednesday

Edwin Jagger DE87
BIC Chrome Platinum (3)
Vulfix 404 Boadger
Da Fat
Alum
One Planet AB
Superdrug Forest Fresh AS

Hurt my right eldow today :( , so ditched using the shavette and just went for a shave with the EJ87, the BIC is holding out nicely and a CCS+ was had, not quite into DFS territory, don't know what I've done to my elbow but it kept on locking up ( old age :roll: and it didn't help having to mend a puncture on my sons cycle ).

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Wednesday

1949/50 American Superspeed
Kai blade
Tabac stick
Kent BK4
Alum block
L'Oreal Man Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm

This was my second ever shave with Tabac, and to be honest I'm not a huge fan of the scent. It smells like I've lathered up with Imperial Leather soap! I'd never smelled it before I got the stick from nivlo, and I'm not sure what I was expecting after seeing people rave about it for quite a while. I'm not going to stop using it in my rotation though, as it's a nice slick soap that lathers up quickly & directly on the face. Nice new Kai blade - I find it's really quite aggressive on first use. Takes about 2 or 3 shaves to be just right for my face!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom