Shave of the Day w/c Saturday 10th April 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Merkur 39C Sledgehammer
Crystal IP (1)
Omega 10049
Boots/Palmolive Sticks (milled into a bowl)
Alum
Witch hazel
Nivea Cool Kick AB
Pinaud Clubman AS

My slant arrived today :D with my omega 10049 (all from The Shaving Shack, with 10% off and free 10 Gillette Sharp Edge, very quick shipping as well :cool: ). What a beast the slant is, it looks daunting and feels heavy, I loaded the Crystal up checking the blade alignment heard the pop and then lathered up the soap, the omega is the largest brush I have and it is superb, well on to my 1st shave with the slant, this thing doesn't mow down the stubble, it scythes it, a superb shave resulting in a BBS :shave .

Have a nice and pleasant day gents

Tony

Saturday

EJ DE89L
Red Personna (1)
EJ Med Pure
Nanny Warm Spice Cream Sample

Tabac AS & Nivea ASB Mix

No comment until (probably) Tuesday.

I'm test driving this cream, with a few other TSR members, using this hardware and the Muhle R41/Derby combo, two days each with a bowl lather and a face lather each. The brush and aftershave mix will be a constant.

I need a white lab coat I think...

;)

Blyth Spirit said:
Nanny Warm Spice Cream Sample

I'm test driving this cream, with a few other TSR members

I will be too as of next shave. Didn't want to go all out using different hardware and software at the same time.

Saturday
30's Gillette new OC
Feather (3)
Pure Badger
GFT Sandlewood Cream
Gft sandlewood skin food then Moisteriser

I'm not over keen in the OC/feather combo. Lots of weepers than don't disappear as quick as normal. Still DFS.

Saturday

Kent BK4
Lindsay Manufacturing Co. "Lindsay's Choice" 6/8 spike

Nanny's Lavender soft soap
Speick a/s

Razor number two from the American batch, this one might be US made rather than an import. It's very hollow, about a 12 on the Henckels scale. Strangely, I got pins and needles in my shaving hand this morning which is something new and not very desirable - if it happens again perhaps the ergonomics of this one don't suit me. Nice shaver though. Beautiful day here, hope the rest of you are as fortunate.

Lindsayfront.jpg

Saturday

Tech
Feather (4th and last shave)
EJ Best Badger
Proraso Green Tea & Aloe Soap
D.R. Harris Pink a/s
Floris No89 edt

The EJ brush (from Fido) is an absolute star. I can lather anything with it.

4 shaves from the Feather and it's done, but they were 4 shaves without irritation. I may get some in for use with my less aggressive razors.

Ian

Arrowhead said:
Beautiful day here, hope the rest of you are as fortunate.

Sort of. Sunny, not very warm, and the wind was a little too much for my canoe. Took her out last night, which was fine, and this afternoon, which was hard work...

52°16'7.92"N
5° 5'20.18"E

No way to add a Google Earth location file?

Saturday

Ever Ready LC
Ted Pella D3
Semogue 1305
Proraso Green Soap
Alum
Ogalla Bay Rum w/ limes & peppercorns
Prairie Creations Irish Spring ASB

Marvellous

I'm test driving this cream, with a few other TSR members i.e. me ;)[/quote]

Mercur 34.
Shark Blade 3rd and final shave.
Nannys Silly Warm Spice cream.
GFT Best Badger Brush
Bowl
GFT PSB
Good shave not BBS as only did 2 passes as I was in a rush...... :D

Saturday

Merkur Futur (4)
Treet Platinum (1)
Vulfix 2235 Super
Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad Soap
Alum
Gillette ASB

Nice to be back on the Futur after a week shaving with the DE89, still a fine razor but not quite up there. A DFS but nicked a mole on my jawline which keep doing!

Friday

D2 1958 TV Special Superspeed
Kai blade
Nanny's Warm Spice cream
Boots Witch hazel
Pinaud Clubman Aftershave Lotion

Saturday

Merkur 23c
Feather blade
Tabac soap stick
Boots Witch hazel
Tabac AS

Trying a few shaves without a balm / moisturiser to see how moisturised my face feels without it. So far so good - I think it's only when I rub my face with an alum block post-shave that my skin gets very tight & dry (even with the alum washed off with cold water).

Sunday

Mekur 39C Slanthammer
Crystal IP (2)
Omega 80056
Boots Soap
Alum
Witch Hazel
One Planet AB
One Planet AS

WOW shave #2 completed with the slant, this razor shaves you so close its unreal, my face feels smoother than a baby's bum (not that I have an inkling for touching babies bottoms :oops: , my lad was out of nappies years ago I think, well he is nearly 16), a BBS was had. The One Planet post shave gear is a cheap as chips and I quite like it the AB & AS both have a natural zingy smell about them, perfect for this time of year.

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Sunday

Futur
Gillette "Swede"
EJ Best Badger
Proraso Aloe & Green Tea Soap
D.R. Harris Pink a/s
Penhaligon's Douro edt

Ian

Sunday

Veleiro Pre-shave Soap