Shave of the day, Saturday 8th- Friday 14th April 2017

Great little razor!

Penhaligon's Racquets Formula aftershave, great scent - my all time favourite.

Bizzyberry,

Many thanks for the reply and links - great stuff!

SOTD - Friday 14/04/2017 -

Today's shave brought to you in association with - thanks @Blademonkey

Razor - Gibbs vintage adjustable - set on 1.5
Blade - Nacet - adapted for the razor
Soap - Monsavon Lait Bol a Raser
Brush - Wee Scot - tortoiseshell limited edition
Post - Allum and Witch Hazel
A/S - Tabac
Balm - Weleda

Result - superb. New hardware and software to try. I received the Gibbs in the post today - what a razor. In size it sort of resembles a Merkur HD but with a heft that reminds you more of a Progress. I trimmed a blade for it - I was mildly apprehensive about this stage - but it turned out to be simple. Mowed through a three day growth with no apparent effort. Effective but mild in use - I never once thought it was going to bite. Fantastic. This is a keeper. Thanks also to @Bizzyberry for posting a pic of one last week - I'd never heard of them. The soap was great - in my haste to have a shave I didn't check the ingredients until after. It's tallow and has milk in the formula - funnily enough - I thought of Haslinger Shafmilch when I was using it. Thick, creamy, protective and ridiculously easy to lather. My skin loved it. If you have never tried a Wee Scot - you don't know what you are missing. Tiny - yes - but not a novelty brush in any way. Holds lather for three passes without a problem. It's a very precise brush in use - the Best hair has a pleasant scritch to it. Finally - I am not hugely keen on the scent of the Weleda balm but you couldn't argue with its effectiveness. Thanks again Paul. Enjoy your shaves - I

Fab shot.....again

How you liking that SV olive wood shave bowl @motto ? I wanted to get one but they're sold out of them now.

How you liking that SV olive wood shave bowl @motto ? I wanted to get one but they're sold out of them now.
I got the bowl as a gift. The olive wood just looks fantastic. The bowl has a short handle attached to the bottom which makes it very ergonomic and easy to use. The inside has a rough surface which makes lathering effient. If you like wooden bowls this one is a good choice.
Best Regards
Marco

Hmmm me want one!