SOTD 20170822

7gPWOFs.jpg

Semogue 1250.
Jabones by Luna "Azahar".
Vintage "Sunrise" razor.
Rembrandt Super Stainless (NOS) (6).
Cella after shave lotion.

Excellent razor ... ;)

Focus r48 se razor, proraso pre cream and shave cream, Gillette silver blue razor blade day 2, then a new blade half way through shave.

I am trying hard to like this razor and have experimented with blades I use in de razors, and tried various thickness of lather. Also different angles of the pivot head. However, shave not smooth or comfortable, and misses some brissles! Had to finish off with my wonderful Edwin Jagger. This has made me wary of trying a new brand of razor as i hanker after a change now and then.

Focus r48 se razor, proraso pre cream and shave cream, Gillette silver blue razor blade day 2, then a new blade half way through shave.

I am trying hard to like this razor and have experimented with blades I use in de razors, and tried various thickness of lather. Also different angles of the pivot head. However, shave not smooth or comfortable, and misses some brissles! Had to finish off with my wonderful Edwin Jagger. This has made me wary of trying a new brand of razor as i hanker after a change now and then.
You may have more joy with an SE that uses the thicker SE blades, rather than half a DE blade.

View attachment 28266 ~SOTD~ 22nd August Teusday

Prep.....Shower~ Oilve oil soap
Razor....Gem Clog Pruf
Blade....Gem Micromatic SE. NOS
Soap....Saponifico Varesino ~ Stella Alpina
Brush....Razorock Italian flag synth
Post....Skin food by my mate Kevin.
Scent.....Virgin Island water....copy oil from Mr Perfume

I'm loving this razor with this blade, freshly stropped and it is sharp and as smooth as butter, the razor is so easy to shave with so I'm going to get the slightly more agressive open comb version as well.
The SV soap of course was outstanding along with the ever so soft Razorock brush. With all of the above its hard not to get a fantastic shave and to enjoy the shave at the same time.
A few drops of skin food and I'm as smooth as I like to be.....Blademonky Smooth! :)

Wishing you all a lovely day whatever you are doing........:)

Looks a great set up

Chris

Razor: Supply SE
Blade: Personna (1)
Brush: Simpsons Chubby Synthetic
Cream: Coates Tea Tree

Back to the standard plate for a loverly 3 pass shave, unfortunately it triggered the problems from the shave a couple days ago. The looting then stung like hell and reddened my neck (skin felt ace) but it made me reach for the fighfighter which helped somewhat.

The cream was ace, hard to believe it's 10 year old NOS.
I could not use the Personna with The Supply, a Schick Proline is the one.

Back
Top Bottom