Shave of the Day pics

Brianpilman said:
There maybe a setting on the camera to only give a certain size image. Don't think there is a way around uploading it to photobucket as t will need hosting soewhere

+1 I think my SOTD pictures are only runing at 477kb I did try 825kb but that just fills the computer screen, I think your SLR can let you go to a road side billboard size if you want :s

UKRob said:
Here's what I currently do in order to get a shot onto SOTD - can anyone suggest a shortcut?

-Camera is a Cannon SLR, take photo and then load memory card into reader (rather than link the camera directly) to my laptop.
-Copy from card and paste into 'my photos'.
-Open Photobucket and browse my photos then upload.
-Copy from my photos into SOTD.

Is there any way I can reduce the original photo to a size that's acceptable on the forum, without going through Photobucket?

If not, can I shortcut the process in some way?

There used to be an image resize app you can get for windows computer but can't remember what it's called, would windows picture viewer do it? If you user your slr it's better to use something like Lightroom or aperture to edit sort and re size.

UKRob said:
antdad said:
You can buy a collapsible photo tent for less than twenty quid and it'll be the best investment you ever made because first and foremost it'll diffuse any artificial light source you care to use.

This is the kind of thing I was trying to get to. I use a home made diffuser box for some pictures of restores but I can't be bothered doing that for a SOTD picture. I would like to post on SOTD more often but already I have to download to photobucket in order to get it small enough to be acceptable. Does anyone have an alternative to doing this?

This may have been answered already but Image Shack have a resizing facility...it'll resize a pic on your desktop and then you can simply cut and paste the link into SOTD.

NB...this and that site operate a bit differently now and you do have to sign up to it but the principles are the same.

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-6515.html

I love using the camera on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The shots it can take are very satisfying, as it can focus very closely and yet still keep almost everything in the picture reasonably sharp.

I think I took in excess of 20 shots of my last SOTD, varying angle and closeness and just picked the one I liked best.

Back
Top Bottom