Sharpness: Not a good thing for some?

Just following on from a comment made by our Sunburyboy on his blade trade thread, I was surprised to hear that he didn't like Gillette 7 o'clock yellow as they were too sharp.

As far as blades are concerned, I pretty much like 'em as sharp as I can get 'em, and nothing's more frustrating to me than a blade that doesn't slice very efficiently...

So just out of interest, for those who don't like too sharp a blade, what is it that you prefer about less keen blades?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogq4wfpT7hc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogq4wfpT7hc</a><!-- m -->

I PM'd him with this link..works well when blades get harsh or start out too sharp for some faces/legs :mrgreen:

Blades

it's weird maybe it's not the sharpness that is the issue, as i have used swedes and Bleues and feathers, and not had a poblem but the yellows just gave me some irritation.........perhaps i was just using them like the supermax which i have been using for weeks which are milder..............

It's strange as I like a mix of sharpness razor dependent.

My DE89L I like to use a 7 o'clock yellow 's and feathers but find these give my irritation in my super speed.

In the superspeed I like israeli personna's, and a nice derby but I've one off these due to a pack I had with 2 lovely blades but 3 crap ones. It wasn't nice!

Funny you mention Bleues, Mr Blades sent me a couple of boxes of Bleues last week, and I loved them as much as the yellows! :lol: Funny how everyone's skin can be so different.

I must be fairly lucky, no blade has really upset my skin yet... only feathers, and then only in a minor way. They cause a few red blotches for a few minutes. Even that calms down eventually.

Dipesh said:
It's strange as I like a mix of sharpness razor dependent.

My DE89L I like to use a 7 o'clock yellow 's and feathers but find these give my irritation in my super speed.

In the superspeed I like israeli personna's, and a nice derby but I've one off these due to a pack I had with 2 lovely blades but 3 crap ones. It wasn't nice!

to be fair i have only used the yellows in my Futur as i have been using it for weeks now, will try them in a Superspeed later....may be better

Yes..this is because I havn't gotten pissed off yet to irritate your entire face... :lol:
I think I should change my nick..strange to always be in every conversation :mrgreen:
I'm glad you enjoy the blades Canuck :shave

CanucksTraveller said:
Funny you mention Bleues, Mr Blades sent me a couple of boxes of Bleues last week, and I loved them as much as the yellows! :lol: Funny how everyone's skin can be so different.

I must be fairly lucky, no blade has really upset my skin yet... only feathers, and then only in a minor way. They cause a few red blotches for a few minutes. Even that calms down eventually.

You need to find a blade that is just sharp enough to shave you without tugging or skipping. Assuming that you prep and technique are good - no need for anything sharper.

For example, if a Derby or a Personna is doing the trick, there is no point in going to a Feather.

Ian.

Back
Top Bottom