Sharks - Which is best?

Great White, Tiger, Mako, Stainless or Chrome?

I had my first chrome shave tonight which was very good in a NEW. Earlier in the week the stainless only really lasted for two shaves, what's the going rate and what do you prefer?

YMMV..
Depending on your skin type and type of facial hair..I go for 3 uses max..some people go 4+ uses then to the bin

I have sensitive skin and very coarse beard type..so my uses get max'd a bit earlier

Blades

Funny you posted this as I was going to post something similar tonight!

I really like the Super Stainless, but would like to try some Super Chrome's before committing to one or the other. Would anyone be so kind as to swap a packet of SC's for something? Maybe some Bleue Extra's or anything else I have?

Chromes are definately sharper, but not as smooth. If smooth means that I can be a bit more heavy handed without causing irritation.

There was more of a rasping sound in my razor when using the chromes. Stiffer?

There wasn't much to choose between the two when doing an everyday shave, and I could only manage two shaves per blade. However I tried a stainless on a two day stubble (dialed up the Futur to 5) and found that I could not pull the razor through my beard. It felt more like plucking than shaving. The chrome handled a two day stubble ok. Still not as sharp as a Feather.

I prefer the packaging of the stainless, paper wrapped in a cardboard box, and with no annoying gum on the blade.

lately.. ive been using a gillette platinum... a superthin, then a feather.... skin been feeling a bit raw of late.

switched back to a shark SS yesterday and had one of the best shaves ive had in months!!!

i get about 3-4 shaves out of one before its past its best

Back
Top Bottom