Semogue 1470

This little dynamo is turning into a great face latherer. It measures ..knot 22mm, loft 50mm. The handle is a naked 1520 and feels good in the hand. The bristles are the bleached blonde variety, there was not any funky odours coming off this brush, on the contrary, it smelt of cologne.

It holds enough soap for three passes, on the the third pass I find I have to milk the lather out of the brush. This little piggy hogs a bit of lather.....

All in all I think that 22mm knot is a good size for face lathering with.

I also bought its stable mate the 620 at the same time. I will review that in due course. The handle looks and feels good on this too.

I've got both the 1520 and the 620. I think they are all essentially the same knot with different handles and aesthetic band.

I used my 1520 yesterday with Proraso soap and had more than enough lather for 4 passes will some left over.

A deceiving little brush!

I like the handle on the 620, but it's a bit too short for me, so I'm using the 1520 more (same handle as 1470 just painted)

They really do get better with each use, mine is still breaking in after a week! The tips are getting softer and it's started to hold more lather.

I wouldn't go any bigger for a soap/face lathering brush. The 1305 I found just a tad too long (loft is 55mm vs. 50mm on these). If they made a 1305 with a 50mm loft I think that would be my perfect boar.

John

Back
Top Bottom