Seeking Recommendations

While I love the Gillette Twinjector, I don't have much positive to say about Schick. I had a C model once which I did like. Everything else, particularly after the E model ... just couldn't get a tune out of them. There are (still) Schick II Injector models available on UK eBay. I've not used one, so if it's just like the L model then it'll be pap. Other folks seem to like Schicks, though and you might well be one of the @Ian5 - I'd sooner whip out a 1912 for a multi-day shave.

While I love the Gillette Twinjector, I don't have much positive to say about Schick. I had a C model once which I did like. Everything else, particularly after the E model ... just couldn't get a tune out of them. There are (still) Schick II Injector models available on UK eBay. I've not used one, so if it's just like the L model then it'll be pap. Other folks seem to like Schicks, though and you might well be one of the @Ian5 - I'd sooner whip out a 1912 for a multi-day shave.

I would venture an educated guess that you were trying to use an injector by varying angles, riding the cap, etc., which doesn't work with an injector. You have to place the head perfectly flush against your face with very little if any pressure and then move. It's idiot proof.

So have you got it and tried it yet?
Yes, this evening, just got it. I like it. With a Gillette Platinum blade it's a little more aggressive than I'm used to, but I have Astra SP and Gillette Silver Blue (which came with the Fatip Piccolo) to try also. I've only 5 days growth today, but I'll be leaving some areas to grow for a few weeks. The test will be with the longer growth, but I think it will be fine.

Yes, this evening, just got it. I like it. With a Gillette Platinum blade it's a little more aggressive than I'm used to, but I have Astra SP and Gillette Silver Blue (which came with the Fatip Piccolo) to try also. I've only 5 days growth today, but I'll be leaving some areas to grow for a few weeks. The test will be with the longer growth, but I think it will be fine.
Fatips are great example of why you don’t need to spend a fortune on a razor. Nothing fancy but they look good and work well.

Enjoy!

Fatips are great example of why you don’t need to spend a fortune on a razor. Nothing fancy but they look good and work well.

Enjoy!
Unless you get one that's nigh impossible to align because the posts aren't aligned well or the thread starts coming out of the top cap even though you didn't get to finger-tight level.

If you get a little lucky, they're excellent, though.

Unless you get one that's nigh impossible to align because the posts aren't aligned well or the thread starts coming out of the top cap even though you didn't get to finger-tight level.

Hopefully things are improving

Mine have all been OK. Not great like my other razors because I do need to align the blades myself, but they do all align.

I would venture an educated guess that you were trying to use an injector by varying angles, riding the cap, etc., which doesn't work with an injector. You have to place the head perfectly flush against your face with very little if any pressure and then move. It's idiot proof.

I did read the instructions ... and followed them. Yes, head flat to face. Nah! Not for me.

I can manually align my Gillette Platinum blade okay, but it's actually longer than the width of the head of the head, by about 1.5mm, so there's a slight overhang. This doesn't impede functionality though, and I'm not fussed. Afterall it was only £14.50!

I know you've already purchased a new razor. Congrats. However, if that doesn't work that well for you, do consider the R41. When it first came out I could not get a shave without weepers, nicks etc. Since then it has undergone several "tunings" and re-imaginings. I now have one and it's excellent. I can now shave with it without fear of any bloodletting. Mind you I don't whip it around like a CART but it is an efficient and comfortable shaver. Also you might think about the Razorine FlatBoy or even the Karve OverLander...there's lots more but these are my recommendations that are not overly expensive.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom