SE razor

Hello Gents, i bought an Ever Ready se razor, and i want to buy blades and give a try, i always use straights(very occasionally use gillette tech both open and close comb) but, want to try se as well. where would be the best place to buy a couple of blades just to try? which ones are good which ones are to be avoided?
thanks alot

Jeltz said:
These are the ones to buy GEM blades are PTFE coated, most of the Ebay ones are for DIY rather than shaving.

These are the ones I use. I have not used any others so I cannot make any comparison but they certainly seem smooth and sharp enough. PM me your address and I will send you a couple if you want.

Thanks alot for the reply Jeltz and Norky, Gogser is sending me some to try, so they should be enough. I will have a go as soon as they arrive. I have a Rolls Razor that i used only twice, so thats the only se experience.
Cheers

There is also: Treet, Gem Blue Star and PAL (all carbon), aswell as Feather (SS, does not fit all SE razors). If you can find them, worth a try. My favorite is the Treet carbon blade.

I had my first se shave with 1912 ever ready,( thanks alot to Gogser, as he send me 10 se blades) In my experience it was comfortable and blades are not that aggresive, overall i would say it was good.

Glad it was a good experience M8, even if it doesn't become your go to razor of choice it's always nice to scratch an itch & widen the old shaving arsenal.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Best I've found, although in fairness I haven't searched that hard. By & large if Connaughts stock it that's where I go. Gr8 service & competitive pricing have developed this customer's loyalty.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom