SD card slot mashed on compact.

Small hands do damage, the SD slot wont fully accept and lock in the memory card anymore and I'd rather put repair money towards another camera.

I'm not too bad at fixing stuff but I'll need a different set jewellers screwdrivers, any advice as I haven't really worked on something this delicate.

I had a similar problem at one point. I didn't go as high tech as trying to fix it with screwdrivers. A folded over piece of paper inserted at the same time as it kept it wedged in adequately.

I will try that but I think something has been forced/bent and is preventing the card from fully engaging as well as not locking.

antdad said:
I will try that but I think something has been forced/bent and is preventing the card from fully engaging as well as not locking.

I should have probably added that the spring arm that locks and also ejects the card had broken and it wasn't locking the card properly, it was just ejecting it all the time. So what I did was intentionally "break" the injector arm completely at the side of the slot, that way it didn't eject anymore and could be held in place with the paper.

Back
Top Bottom