Schick repeating injector

Hello guys
Bought myself one of these of the bay at the weekend for a silly price (cheap) any body any experience of these wanted one for a while they do look rather cool .

I was watching that too but my computer went to sleep so my bid didn't fire! Excellent price.

Consoled myself with an Aristocrat 58 about 40 minutes later. It'll be my third so one will be appearing on sale here shortly.

Tall_Paul said:
I was watching that too but my computer went to sleep so my bid didn't fire! Excellent price.

Consoled myself with an Aristocrat 58 about 40 minutes later. It'll be my third so one will be appearing on sale here shortly.

Sorry about that if it doesn't suite me it may well appear on the bst cant wait to see it in the flesh just have to get some blades as well.

I was pifed one of the newer injector types last year and found it to give quite a good shave. but did find the blades not too smooth

OP, I haven't tried those ones, just the later types. If you haven't used one before go carefully - it'll probably be quite aggressive and I find them easier to cut myself with. That might just be me though!

There are some great injector blades out there, they're just tricky to come by cheaply. I have tried the bad and the good:
Personnas - vintage and modern, including a twin blade design (distinctly average) - vintage PALs (terrible), Schick Eversharps (not very good). However, Gillette Platinum Plus (I think the only injectors ever made by Gillette, which was back in the early eighties) are superbly smooth and sharp to the point of lethal and the modern Schicks from the US are very good (buy on Amazon) but with postage from there you're looking at a pound a blade. I did manage five very good shaves out of one which is better than most DEs by about two shaves.

tuftey - you're right, there is some inconsistency in the blades' quality, smoothness in particular.. Sometimes I get great shaves out of one, another time it's terrible.

NotTheStig said:
OP, I haven't tried those ones, just the later types. If you haven't used one before go carefully - it'll probably be quite aggressive and I find them easier to cut myself with. That might just be me though!

There are some great injector blades out there, they're just tricky to come by cheaply. I have tried the bad and the good:
Personnas - vintage and modern, including a twin blade design (distinctly average) - vintage PALs (terrible), Schick Eversharps (not very good). However, Gillette Platinum Plus (I think the only injectors ever made by Gillette, which was back in the early eighties) are superbly smooth and sharp to the point of lethal and the modern Schicks from the US are very good (buy on Amazon) but with postage from there you're looking at a pound a blade. I did manage five very good shaves out of one which is better than most DEs by about two shaves.

Thanks for the heads up on the blades the modern schicks from amazon look worth a try

They are really smooth and sharp and last a good while. The price isn't great though and even the bulk discounts weren't huge; there's customs etc. on top of that, too.
I did ask one UK-based outfit if these might be available through them, perhaps more cheaply, in the near future but alas no.

Well it came in the post today and after a bit of a strip down its all there blade tray including a couple of blades.I can report its working fine and its a fantastic bit of engineering not bad for 99p

Back
Top Bottom