Schick Injector suggestions

I am getting more interested in the various types of injector razors that are out there, the list seems to grow exponentially, the simplicity and hassle free nature of it appeals

I am getting more interested in the various types of injector razors that are out there, the list seems to grow exponentially, the simplicity and hassle free nature of it appeals
Indeed, as am I. I have bought 3 since the new year, and am now looking for a Type G in good condition.
The 66 in particular has piqued my interest.

Indeed, as am I. I have bought 3 since the new year, and am now looking for a Type G in good condition.
The 66 in particular has piqued my interest.
I am not yet up on the various models, but I suspect that will be a necessity in the coming months as I suspect a bit of a collection may form in the coming months

An excellent razor, one of my favourites already. I’m on the 10th shave on the last blade, and I will pop a single blade in when it’s spent. Those vintage blades have great longevity, as do injector blades in general.
I'm a one or maybe two pass shaver, I get weeks out of an injector blade. It's still cheap even accounting for more expensive blades.
I get the same from gem single edge blades.

Hiya,

Having a fair bit of experience with lots of injectors and blades leads me to recommend a simple (usually black handle) L type, along with a couple different blades. I'm guessing the blades included in the NOS 1970s offerings would be very good to excellent and I use older blades myself, some going into the 70s. Plenty of info and pics around somewhere. Chinese Schick blades are actually good....probably the best modern blade I know of. The German ones are nicht so hot.

I personally prefer a Schick over the Pal for the sight lines and a closer shave. The M type adjustable is to me the best all around injector......dial in your druthers and perfecto. There's one in my rotation loaded with some 90s schick blade.

Great to recommend em to others just kinda serious about this 'hobby' with lots of options.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom