Schick Injector suggestions

Evening all, Hope you are all staying well.

In recent times, onset of summer months and busy schedule my shaving time is reducing, sadly so have the SOTD posts ...

I still try to shave daily so 5/7 shaves the Schick is being used as personally it's just easy.

My knowledge of shaving hardware is minimal, particularly injector razors so I am seeking some advice from those that know what they are looking at

I have hunted around in the usual places and found a number of options in the 10-30 sterling range, almost too many!

I currently use a Schick Injector Golden 500, and it does the job nicely.

Would prefer vintage types but something more modern wouldnt be ignored.

Suggestions/recommendations welcome, thanks in advance all!

Just a few thoughts that spring to mind which might help you.

The Schick M is an adjustable. There are a few minor variations of the model and it was produced for quite a long time; worth seeking out.

The earlier G and E type Schicks (circa 1930s) are nice little razors but a tad aggressive for me. They have the advantage of being quite common.

The Schick I type is a nice medium aggression razor. Probably shaves a bit like your 500.

I would seek out some vintage Gillette Platinum Plus blades if I were you. Very sharp and smooth. Not common (I had to get mine from the States but it was worth it).

No affiliation but this site has a lot of info and I browse it from time to time.

Last edited:
No problem. Just edited my post to change F type to G type.

There are a few NOS injectors on ebay for around £35 at the moment. Again no affiliation.

Recently got into injector razors through purchasing a NOS Type L2 ( I believe) Twinjector, and I was immediately taken in by how easy and intuitive a shave it provides. The twinjector is moderately mild.

I have since purchased a Pal Injecto Matic & a Schick Hydro Magic, which a re both quite a bit more blade forward. I do however think the aggression in these razors are somewhat mitigated by the ’natural’ cutting angle, I.e. essentially flat to the face.

I also highly recommend picking up a Twin from the Bay, as Sabre. I’m very pleased with mine and along with my Leaf Twig, is the razor I most often reach for when I want a quick, drama free shave.

Thanks for the info all, I shall most likely go with the L twin injector for now as seems easily available and Connaught stock the blades so keeps things easy as I am due a soap order from Connaught soon enough.

Thanks all

Thanks for the info all, I shall most likely go with the L twin injector for now as seems easily available and Connaught stock the blades so keeps things easy as I am due a soap order from Connaught soon enough.

Thanks all
I have an NOS Dutch one with blades if interested, think £25 delivered. Can do photos if interested.
Mike B

Just ordered, annoying. I shall add a reminder before I purchase anything else injector based to ask you the question.

I suspect I may be asking about a Dutch injector soon enough though....
Thanks

Just ordered, annoying. I shall add a reminder before I purchase anything else injector based to ask you the question.

I suspect I may be asking about a Dutch injector soon enough though....
Thanks
The Schick L or Schick 11 is being sold on E Bay from UK sources, in original packing around £24 with free post !!

The Schick L or Schick 11 is being sold on E Bay from UK sources, in original packing around £24 with free post !!
I'm pretty sure that's the same one I ordered yesterday, then some Japan blades via Connaught to go with it thanks to your other post giving the heads up

Didn't think it was bad value at the time, pretty sure the same deal has cropped up a couple of times on the forum

Amazingly this has just dropped through the letterbox, wasn't expected for a few days yet. I almost want to buy another just to keep one as new. Not sure weather to try the supplied blades or keep them to one side and use one of my newer bladesPXL_20230524_101930298.jpgPXL_20230524_101923415.jpg

Back
Top Bottom